Who to address LOR's to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neefs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I've got a few questions regarding LOR's. Hopefully this can clear things up for other people as well.

One of my professors who is writing me an LOR wants to know who he should address the letter to. Should he start the letter, "To AADSAS" "To whom it may concern..." etc. ??

I will be using the AADSAS service to send my letters. Does this mean I have my professors send in one copy of their letters to the service? Is the address given in the AADSAS application?

One final question: One of my professors is going on a vacation at the end of the semester and he will be gone until the middle of June. I want to send in my letters before then but I will not have access to the cover sheet and I want my letters to be confidential. Any ideas??

Thanks for your help people. I have searched out some old posts on this and it seems like it is a confusing system. Many people gave mixed answers so I decided to post these questions as I am still throughly confused.

Members don't see this ad.

From what I have heard you have your teacher send it to your school's career center or health career advisor. Then they have them send the letters to AADSAS. I am probably wrong though.