Who will claim to be the king of BS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiahs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any takers, I may not be king but maybe jester.. BSing is after all a part of life everyones done it at some point how do you all fare?

Members don't see this ad.

i BS for fun and its pretty obvious when i do it haha...but i dont even try it for anything serious like med school admissions.

B4 you all read into this way too much Let me make it clear I don't mean on med school apps or whatever you BS on I just want to know in general. as a whole

Members don't see this ad :)
if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$hit :D

kiahs said:
B4 you all read into this way too much Let me make it clear I don't mean on med school apps or whatever you BS on I just want to know in general. as a whole

Ok, I think this particular thread has nothing to do with pre-allo in any way...

But anyways, I'd prefer to see myself as someone who can see through the bull****, rather than being the one making it. :D

Don't you all think it's necessary sometimes. Like on english papers like how much significance can the color red possibly have, I'll tell you not enough to write a five page paper on that's for sure,,,hence the BS instinct kicks in and makes the three page substance paper into a five page pile of garbage with some decent points. Agree?

I am certainly NOT the king of BS.

Well it depends on what your definition of 'is' is. Come on! I love Bill Clinton. He grew up near where I did, but come on. WTF else could is mean you idiot!

kiahs said:
Don't you all think it's necessary sometimes. Like on english papers like how much significance can the color red possibly have, I'll tell you not enough to write a five page paper on that's for sure,,,hence the BS instinct kicks in and makes the three page substance paper into a five page pile of garbage with some decent points. Agree?

Not really. If you've written much, your decision to introduce a recurring theme, be it a color or an experience or what have you, is done deliberately. That's the one thing you learn when you write; everything is done for a reason. Aurthors of good literature invest so much of themselves and of their time that details that just clutter a work should have been removed in their editing. You write to create, distort, or hide emphases. Rarely (if ever) is BSing involved in fiction.

So yes, certainly, you can apply some bogus 1960s influenced or some post-modernistic criticism to a work that is a load of garbage. Still, the thrust of your paper is to present a convincing argument that logically follows, and you can't really do that with B.S.

P.S. If you're looking for the use of color/image in a novel that serves a stylistic/symbolic effect, Thomas Hardy's Tess of the d'Ubrervilles is a wonderful example. And yes, the color red is used prominently. :) Also, Hardy was heavily influenced by the Impressionism, and you can see it in his writing.

[Do I win?]

So far yes you are the winner:)