Who will sort of be an MSIII soonish...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm done with class but boards aren't til 6/16 and rotations start July 7 - so am I an MSIII now or what....I feel like I'm in this ethereal netherworld without an identity...not really MSII.....not really MSIII.....aimlessly wandering....

Members don't see this ad.

Brickhouse said:
So I'm done with class but boards aren't til 6/16 and rotations start July 7 - so am I an MSIII now or what....I feel like I'm in this ethereal netherworld without an identity...not really MSII.....not really MSIII.....aimlessly wandering....

I feel the same way. I'm not really so much an MSII. The MSI's are now sort of MSII's but the current MSIII's are still MSIII's. I'm like a student without a year, really just a boards studying drone and nothing else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here....I am calling myself MS 2.5 so at least I have an identity. Go USMLE!!!

Brickhouse said:

You can begin clinicals before passing the boards. You are an MS-III as soon as you have passed all final exams for MS-II.

I have been an MS-III since 2 weeks ago.

OMG Brickhouse.. I can't believe yoru almost basically an MS III.. why I just remember the other day you were premed applicant. How exciiting is that?

OSUdoc08 said:
You can begin clinicals before passing the boards. You are an MS-III as soon as you have passed all final exams for MS-II.

Yeah but the MS-III's from this year are still MS-III's. I feel like I can't call myself and MS-III until they are done too.

erin682 said:
really just a boards studying drone and nothing else.

I second that. :scared:

1 month left before I can call myself MS3. Funny how time goes by pretty fast :D

I didn't feel like an official MSIII until I was told I had passed Step 1, which was 3-4 weeks into my first rotation.

erin682 said:
Yeah but the MS-III's from this year are still MS-III's. I feel like I can't call myself and MS-III until they are done too.

Why?

Are you afraid of them?

OSUdoc08, MS-III, Class of 2008

excalibur said:
I didn't feel like an official MSIII until I was told I had passed Step 1, which was 3-4 weeks into my first rotation.

So weeks 1-3 of your rotation? Did you sign your name "MS-II?"

OSUdoc08 said:

So then what are the current MSIII's at your school (the ones on rotation still) called?

I'm starting MSIII on June 26-- with surgery! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
OSUdoc08 said:
So weeks 1-3 of your rotation? Did you sign your name "MS-II?"

When do you ever incorporate MS-anything into your signature?

Pinner Doc said:
So then what are the current MSIII's at your school (the ones on rotation still) called?

I'm starting MSIII on June 26-- with surgery! :eek:

MS-IV's.

The previous MS-IV's have already GRADUATED.

Pinner Doc said:
When do you ever incorporate MS-anything into your signature?

You are required to put it after your name when you sign ALL paperwork on clinicals.

OSUdoc08 said:
MS-IV's.

The previous MS-IV's have already GRADUATED.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one.

Pinner Doc said:
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one.

You're going to disagree that MS-IV's have graduated?

That is kind of a good point - once the MSIVs have graduated (MAy 21 where I'm at) - there are technically no MSIVs - and two MSIIIs....? It's a strange time - I feel like gravity might as well reverse or something

OSUdoc08 said:
You're going to disagree that MS-IV's have graduated?

Well, yes. Our MSIV's have not graduated yet.

My point is that there are 3rd years who still have to finish up 1-2 more rotations. I wouldn't really call myself a third year yet... like Brickhouse said, there would be 2 third year classes.

But whatever, this is lame! Who cares! We're done with second year. Yeehaw. :D

Yes, M3(ish)s of the world unite!!!

good luck on Step 1 all...it'll be fun, I didn't want to see the sun for hte next 3 weeks anyway

WHO EFFIN CARES!!! (My d*cks bigger than yours. No it's not. Yes it is. Not it's not. Yes it is...)

oudoc08 said:
WHO EFFIN CARES!!! (My d*cks bigger than yours. No it's not. Yes it is. Not it's not. Yes it is...)

awww...you're going to be one of those warm fuzzy doctors, aren't you.

A fuzzy doctor lacking the ability to discern exclamations from interrogatories.

Everybody in this thread. Go take a shot. Go lay on the beach and get a tan. You're done with 2nd year. Celebrate that instead of bitc hing about what to sign after your name (or not) on paperwork that most people won't even read.

Sammich81 said:
Everybody in this thread. Go take a shot. Go lay on the beach and get a tan. You're done with 2nd year. Celebrate that instead of bitc hing about what to sign after your name (or not) on paperwork that most people won't even read.

bitter much?

every thread in this forum is bull****, get over it.

Sammich81 said:

Can't so much do that (See my previous post about being a boards studying drone), but I will meet you half way and drink a glass of wine while watching the Princess Bride now that I'm done studying for the day. :)