Who Works With A CRAZY "5150" Pharmacist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrugMan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats up Everybody, :cool:

Here's the scoop...I work with this pharmacist and the only thing that I haven't seen him do is hit a patient :scared: . He's cussed patients out, made racial remarks towards them :mad: (though he's married to a one of the races he typically talks about), and he totally goes off the hook on the job if something goes wrong. I've told him off a couple of times for making stupid comments in front of me, but it doesn't affect him. What really baffles me about all of this is the point that the District manager tolerates this type of behavior since there is such a shortage of pharmacist :( . From what I’ve been told, this guy has been a loose cannon for years. If you guys have similar stories like this...I feel sorry for you, but post 'em anyway :rolleyes: .

DrugMan
Touro University COP
c/0 2009

Members don't see this ad.

I work w/ a pharmacist who thinks that if she's not looking directly at the patient, or if she's not at the counter w/ a patient, that the patient cannot hear her over the din of "Rite Aid Radio". While she doesn't make objectionable or discriminatory comments about the customers, she does comment on their mannerisms and tells me "one time this guy did this..." stories about them. But I'm pretty sure they can hear her!

BTW...your "5150" reference merely stirs painful memories for me of how much BETTER David Lee Roth was than Sammy Hagar at leading Van Halen. But I forgive you.

The pharmacist I am working with is pretty arrogant.

He thought he is the best in the world. Whenever I talked about my application to pharmacy school, he always repeated how easily he gets into pharm school 12 years ago, with just a five minutes interview. Hello!! It is year 2005, Pharmacy school is no longer such easy to get in.

One day there comes a patients, after she got her meds, she mentioned she was working at Walmart pharmacy. My boss began to talk with her friendly, after a while, he founds she was a pharm tech instead of pharmacist. All of the sudden, he stopped talking, withdrew the smile, ended with bye, have a nice day.

After the patient left, he gave me one word: I don't talk with the technician.... I felt so hurt at that time, I have to put myself in the line and asked him: So you don't want to talk with me, either, right???

Those pharmacists are just lucky enough to get accepted earlier. If they applied now, most of them won't have got in, academically and in personality.

I swear I will never treat my tech with no respect later on.

Members don't see this ad :)
Raining said:
The pharmacist I am working with is pretty arrogant.

He thought he is the best in the world. Whenever I talked about my application to pharmacy school, he always repeated how easily he gets into pharm school 12 years ago, with just a five minutes interview. Hello!! It is year 2005, Pharmacy school is no longer such easy to get in.

One day there comes a patients, after she got her meds, she mentioned she was working at Walmart pharmacy. My boss began to talk with her friendly, after a while, he founds she was a pharm tech instead of pharmacist. All of the sudden, he stopped talking, withdrew the smile, ended with bye, have a nice day.

After the patient left, he gave me one word: I don't talk with the technician.... I felt so hurt at that time, I have to put myself in the line and asked him: So you don't want to talk with me, either, right???

Those pharmacists are just lucky enough to get accepted earlier. If they applied now, most of them won't have got in, academically and in personality.

I understand what you are talking about...a couple of my pharmacist got into UOP and graduated c/o 1969 with 2.5 and 2.8 GPAs, and they didn't understand why I was stressing so much about the application process. I think they thought that I would be a sure-in with a 3.3 but that's not the case...I applied to two schools and got into one.

Raining said:

I have a friend who's been a tech with a pharmacist for 10 years or so (when she changes jobs, so does he). He just started pharmacy school a few years ago and it was a dilemma for him. He didn't want to leave his pharmacist because she treated him like gold.

She's been incredibly supportive of my friend - professionally and academically. He was a very lucky man the day he walked into her pharmacy to fill out an application.

Loyaltly and respect usually beget loyalty and respect. I plan to work my techs like mules - but I'll treat 'em like people. (We'll see how it actually works.) :laugh:

Troy

I worked with an very arrogant & lazy pharmacist who graduated 40 years ago (from UT, the school I start this fall)... you can tell he's only in it for the money since he doesn't care about the patients. He left me alone for 30 minutes on my 2nd day of work to have lunch with his 25 year old girlfriend (who I had mistaken for his daughter)... and that happened more than once... he makes sure his diabetic patients are a priority with anything they need... even when there's 10 other people waiting... he has been involved with illegal gambling rings... went to jail overnight for that... has been an alcoholic... makes sure buys a lottery ticket everyday to "help finance public education"... he makes fun of the other tech for eating "unhealthy" granola bars when he himself is grossly overweight and gets a coke & candy bar every 15 minutes, visits the frozen food section of the store for meals and frequents the deli for some fried chicken snacks... and when he enters Rxs, he doesn't match patient's name with the correct birthdate on the orginal hardcopy... which means that if we have 2 people with the same name... he always gets it wrong which then I have to fix the mistake or him to save his butt... and makes me put the order away so he can watch his movies on his laptop... yeah, he was by far the worst pharmacist I have even known... I told the Pharmacy manager about everything and the next week, the bad pharmacist was transfered to another store