Who would hire a foreign trained dentist who graduated from a Dental Board of CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmt68708

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
aproved school???

The first students from the Mexican school, Universidad de La Salle Bajio, will be graduating this year apparently. The is the first international school that is being aproved by the Dental board of CA, due to the bill passed in 1998, AB 1116. Do not know the details about when they will be taking the Board Exams, but i do know that they will have completed an entire year of residency, which is awesome. With this said, I am wondering if there are any Dentists OUT THERE in CALIFORNIA, who would hire such dentists. I currently got accepted to this school. DO you think there is a chance for these kids to get jobs in California???

THIS school is not aproved by the ADA... :( But their facilities are awesome BTW this school has a great reputation in MEXICO. Dental Program is not easy, but it is very, very hands on, you start seeing patients, and helping at the clinic during the first semester.
Please answer, before I make my final decision to accept their invitation to start their dental program....
By the way, this program is 5 years, 1 year of residency included... DDS is awarded in this program, after completion of dental board exam in CA.
Thx yall;)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
how do i get people to reply in this thread?????? :(

Isnt it true that you can only practice in California after you graduate from this program? I wouldnt go to it....at the rate Dentists are popping up at every corner in California, who knows whey you might have to look outside of it.

Isnt it true that you can only practice in California after you graduate from this program? I wouldnt go to it....at the rate Dentists are popping up at every corner in California, who knows whey you might have to look outside of it.

You are right about this, but... I can do IDP(International dental program) in other states, and maybe even just go straight into the specialization route..:)

This is awesome actually.
I heard, but don't quote me on it....
"But during the second year or Third year of this Dental School, they go to Cali. to take the Board Exam I...
They are basically preparing you very early on.

DO other American Schools do that same??????