Whoa! Tulane Anesthesia Residency Goes Private!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The OP obviously knows very little of the way Frank operates. Frank is out for Frank. He will screw anyone and everyone to get what he wants. His actions serve one purpose and one purpose only....helping Frank.

I knew him as a resident. He was out for #1 then. When he came back from Mass Gen. he was only worse. When he wanted to be chairman at Ochsner and did not get what he wanted he pouted and left town only to return several months later to join Parish. Guess he failed to get his way in Colorado too!

Watch out Tulane....you have brought in a monster. Why did those five docs leave Parish and go to TUMC last year......Frank Rosinia. Anyone who gets in Frank's way will be crucified and then run out of the department. His ethics are questionable at best.

What amazes me is that the department had a great leader and a great person in Chuck Fox. He ran the department when Git was there. He was who the residents turned to. He was really the one who held it together after Katrina. He was the logical and sensible choice for Chairman.

So as I sit on the sidelines of New Orleans and watch....I can't help but wonder how long it will take before Tulane, HCA, the faculty and residents realize they have been sold a bill of goods. Frank and Parish Management will screw them all.

I respect your opinion.

I don't judge people by other peoples opinions.

I use my experience, and judge by that. My experiences with the person in question.

I've worked with Rosinia for over a year.

He has been honest with me, he's gone outta his way to help me on more than one occasion, and most importantly, he's never given me an empty promise.

I stand by my initial post.

Members don't see this ad.

Why did those five docs leave Parish and go to TUMC last year......Frank Rosinia..

I'm glad you brought that up.

Cuz I need to thank those guys for leaving, since it opened up a position for me.

I was happy when Frank was there.....and I'm still happy.

You don't think some of the problem couldda been (at leased shared) with the individuals that left, huh? :idea:

Doesnt matter though......but a funny thing.....I heard a cuppla those guys left with their middle fingers in the air, aimed at Frank....smearing his name on their way out.....bet they s hit their pants when they found out he was their boss again, huh?

What amazes me is that the department had a great leader and a great person in Chuck Fox. He ran the department when Git was there. He was who the residents turned to. He was really the one who held it together after Katrina. He was the logical and sensible choice for Chairman.

I've never met Chuck, but I've never heard a bad thing about the dude. He's good friends with a good friend of mine (Alan Kaye).....Alan has a very high opinion of him, as does everyone else.

I feel for the dude. Sounds like he got a bad rap. I hope things turn out OK for him. He certainly deserves it.

Gitlin was an attending when I was at Tulane. And...uhhhhhh......

....I'll just leave it at that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a step removed from the drama that appears to have engulfed TU Anesthesia now but I can say that Dr. Fox was awesome - I knew 7 years worth of residents and the saw him treat them with respect and they returned the favor. :thumbup:

I'm a step removed from the drama that appears to have engulfed TU Anesthesia now but I can say that Dr. Fox was awesome - I knew 7 years worth of residents and the saw him treat them with respect and they returned the favor. :thumbup:

The Residents Are #&*%ed!!

Our group contacted Parish Management to assist our group with a round of contract negotiations with our hospital. They agreed, I had them sign a confidentiality agreement and then shared all my group's financial information and strategy for upcoming negotiations. A week or two later the CEO of the hospital let it be known that they had signed a contract with Parish to consult on the anesthesia needs of of the hospital. Parish was attempting to burn the candle at both ends and burn our group at the same time.

We were livid, the Parish representatives not only violated the confidentiality agreement with our group, they courted administration, and put in an offer to take over the anesthesia contract, offering our group's anesthesiologists about $200,000 less than we were/are making and had our 14 employed CRNA's ready to bolt. Even the hospital administrator understood that Parish had acted in an unethical manner and had put their selves in a position that was heading to litigation if Parish persisted. In the end, Parish was totally discredited and its president called me to inform me that Parish was no longer interested in our practice.

Word to the wise, before involving your practice with any type of practice management companies, no matter how friendly they may appear or how well you may know the principals, have them sign a confidientiality agreement. It may just save your job and all you've worked for.

It's just business....and obviously you came out on top...so :thumbup: to you....

but you can't blame them for trying.

Our group contacted Parish Management to assist our group with a round of contract negotiations with our hospital. They agreed, I had them sign a confidentiality agreement and then shared all my group's financial information and strategy for upcoming negotiations. A week or two later the CEO of the hospital let it be known that they had signed a contract with Parish to consult on the anesthesia needs of of the hospital. Parish was attempting to burn the candle at both ends and burn our group at the same time.

We were livid, the Parish representatives not only violated the confidentiality agreement with our group, they courted administration, and put in an offer to take over the anesthesia contract, offering our group's anesthesiologists about $200,000 less than we were/are making and had our 14 employed CRNA's ready to bolt. Even the hospital administrator understood that Parish had acted in an unethical manner and had put their selves in a position that was heading to litigation if Parish persisted. In the end, Parish was totally discredited and its president called me to inform me that Parish was no longer interested in our practice.

Word to the wise, before involving your practice with any type of practice management companies, no matter how friendly they may appear or how well you may know the principals, have them sign a confidientiality agreement. It may just save your job and all you've worked for.

"Just business?"....While I'm new to this forum, I know baiting when I see it.

The first rule of business is: Do other men for they would do you.
Charles Dickens

:thumbdown:

and that's probably a good "business" practice in the 19th century...although I doubt that Carnegie and the likes did not do "business" like that just a few decades after Dicken's death.

and that's probably a good "business" practice in the 19th century...although I doubt that Carnegie and the likes did not do "business" like that just a few decades after Dicken's death.
child_labor.bmp

I'm far from anti-business. I just disagree with the business is business so anything goes idea. There's still right and wrong.

child_labor.bmp

I'm far from anti-business. I just disagree with the business is business so anything goes idea. There's still right and wrong.

sort of like...I'm a Christian......6 days out of the week...and on the 7th....only if it's convenient.

It's just business....and obviously you came out on top...so :thumbup: to you....

but you can't blame them for trying.

Of course you can blame them. Apparently they broke a confidentiality agreement. Are we no longer allowed to blame cheaters and crooks??? You kidding me?

Members don't see this ad :)
sort of like...I'm a Christian......6 days out of the week...and on the 7th....only if it's convenient.

Not at all. I meant that some people are caught up in an anti-corporate, anti-business outlook on life, but I'm not one of those people. That doesn't mean I wouldn't point out wrong where it occurs or automatically forgive wrong-doing based on platitudes. PACMDA points out something that is wrong 7 days a week.

any more news on the tulane or lsu-no program?
Ok. It has been a while since Dr. Rosinia started at Tulane so people have a better idea of how everything is going now. People were obviously anxious about the 'private takeover' when this thread started, so I thought an update would be worthwhile now.
1. 1 great faculty member left. Everyone else has stayed put. Sucks to lose him, but massive turnover hasn't occurred.
2. My impression is that Jet was right about Rosinia being a good guy.
3. Research expansion is underway/ research coordinator funded.
4. Residents now have voluntary moonlighting. It is just starting, but looks great. ie. the opposite of residents' fear of providing more 'free-ish' labor.
5. A couple of new rotation sites have opened up. They are actively seeking the best local opportunities for residents. More are being evaluated.
6. Our call schedule is still great.
7. I guess we had one pretty week rotation that has improved and will be improved more, and they are trying to improve experience in advanced rotations too.
8. Rather than being kept in the general OR to provide work, more real elective time is being made available.

So, you can see that up to now the changes have been almost uniformly positive. I obviously can't predict the future, but so far so good.

I've never met Chuck, but I've never heard a bad thing about the dude. He's good friends with a good friend of mine (Alan Kaye).....Alan has a very high opinion of him, as does everyone else.

I feel for the dude. Sounds like he got a bad rap. I hope things turn out OK for him. He certainly deserves it.

Gitlin was an attending when I was at Tulane. And...uhhhhhh......

....I'll just leave it at that.

This is encouraging to hear, as Dr. Fox is apparently our new chairman starting in January. He visited to meet with the residents and the rest of the department a few weeks ago, and we all felt positively about the transition. Nothing wrong with our current chairman of course - he just wants to spend more time rebuilding our simulator program and focus on academics, etc.

This is encouraging to hear, as Dr. Fox is apparently our new chairman starting in January. He visited to meet with the residents and the rest of the department a few weeks ago, and we all felt positively about the transition. Nothing wrong with our current chairman of course - he just wants to spend more time rebuilding our simulator program and focus on academics, etc.

And where are you?

And where are you?

West Virginia U, oh mighty FBI profiler ;) You're slipping.

We should be getting some great news regarding coming off probation soon. Combined with a new chair, things are looking good around here. There is even talk of working on getting some fellowships restarted in the coming years.

West Virginia U, oh mighty FBI profiler ;) You're slipping.

We should be getting some great news regarding coming off probation soon. Combined with a new chair, things are looking good around here. There is even talk of working on getting some fellowships restarted in the coming years.

Yes, I am JET THE FBI PROFILER.

I am honest as well.

There has been great ambiguity as to where Dr Fox would end up.

And, to continue the honesty factor,

I've never met the guy.

But he's a friend of a dude I'd take a bullet for, so that pretty much says that Chuck Fox has a FIVE STAR rating on whatever scale you're judging on.

CHUCK FOX.

I've heard the name a million times.

And I've never heard a resounding negative story.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU'VE GOTTA WINNER COMMIN' TO YA.

Yes, I am JET THE FBI PROFILER.

I am honest as well.

There has been great ambiguity as to where Dr Fox would end up.

And, to continue the honesty factor,

I've never met the guy.

But he's a friend of a dude I'd take a bullet for, so that pretty much says that Chuck Fox has a FIVE STAR rating on whatever scale you're judging on.

CHUCK FOX.

I've heard the name a million times.

And I've never heard a resounding negative story.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU'VE GOTTA WINNER COMMIN' TO YA.

yeah, we're happy about it. good to hear positive things from another source too. :)