1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Whole lotta gen chem???

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by vegangirl, Apr 17, 2004.

1. vegangirl

vegangirl DOctor begins with DO
    7+ Year Member

Was anyone else suprised by all the gen chem?????? I had form AH and it had only 2 physics passages. I did one of these :eek: when I opened the book

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. flootofatook25

flootofatook25 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

yeahh..I had the form AG and there was quite a bit of gen. chem as well. I'm not too good at physics though so I can't complain

4. vegangirl

vegangirl DOctor begins with DO
    7+ Year Member

Yeah it wasn't bad to have all that chemistry, it just suprised me. I was sooo happy that there wasn't a ton of optics. Optics is evil. I'm convinced that in hell, people are forced into doing tons of optics problems while being tortured.

5. ASDIC

ASDIC The 9th Flotilla
    15+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i had 7 Chemistry passages and 4 physics....form BK

6. liverotcod

liverotcod Lieutenant Crunch
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hear, hear! I only had one passage on it, but that was enough. We hadn't covered yet in my physics course, and I just couldn't squeeze that junk into my head on my own. Luckily the questions were pretty easy ones.

7. akalin24

akalin24 Member
    10+ Year Member

I had BK also. The PS section wasn't that bad but the BS section was a nightmare!

8. kiahs

kiahs Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

BH hole lotta gen chem crazy! I have to admit I HATE OPTICS and SOUND can kiss my butt!

9. UCLAstudent

UCLAstudent I'm a luck dragon!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Form AG... a LOT of g-chem

10. jtorres

jtorres Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i know its too soon to tell but i think that the PS was tough, for AG atleast. kaplan, princeton, and aamc practice tests (all of which i took) could have not prepared me for this. all chem and no physics it seemed like. not a single person came out confident about the PS. even if they did give a generous curve, it did so poorly on PS that i will lucky if i can get an 8.