Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

whole summer to fill out secondaries?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Chankovsky, Apr 5, 2004.

1. I'm probably applying early june, so I assume the schools will send out secondaries in the summer right? Any holdups?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SoulRFlare

SoulRFlare Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

beware if you apply to a lot of schools: remember that scene in harry potter when the letters from hogwarts come flooding into the dursley's house? it's like that.

4. yayme

yayme Member
    7+ Year Member

:laugh:
    thats how i felt sometimes too! it was either nothing to do or all at the same time.
    if you apply early, i'm sure it won't be a problem. ;)

5. Farrah

Farrah Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

6. Unfortunately, I kinda felt like that when the rejection letters started pouring in too. :(

:)

7. fun8stuff

fun8stuff *hiding from patients*
    15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    When do secondaries normally come if you apply in June? Can you send secondaries back before LORs?

8. MErc44

MErc44 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i don't think amcas is available for the schools to download until july sometime around the 10th. i got secondaries 5 days after amcas was submitted. The last one i got was sometime in early october. All i know is that all of a sudden i had around 17 secondaries to do and now letters of rec. Make sure you have all your letters before you turn in amcas, it will give you comfort

9. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

The timeline is as follows. You apply around early June, hopefully on June 1 but most likely a little later like June 3. The applications are not transmitted to the schools until around July 12 or mid July. You then get secondaries late July and all of August.

You will work on most of your secondaries in late July and early August. You typically send in your LORs around the same time you send in your secondary to a school. It is a lot easier if you have a LOR service as so you can just tell them to send it to each school as you get a secondary.

The interview invites start coming in late August, September, and so on. Good luck.

10. Mr Reddly

Mr Reddly Snowglobe!
    7+ Year Member

So True!!!![​IMG]

11. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    depending on the number schools you apply to...you will be working on secondaries from july all the way to possibly november/december.....