whole summer to fill out secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

Chankovsky

I'm probably applying early june, so I assume the schools will send out secondaries in the summer right? Any holdups?

Members don't see this ad.

beware if you apply to a lot of schools: remember that scene in harry potter when the letters from hogwarts come flooding into the dursley's house? it's like that.

Originally posted by SoulRFlare
beware if you apply to a lot of schools: remember that scene in harry potter when the letters from hogwarts come flooding into the dursley's house? it's like that.
:laugh:
thats how i felt sometimes too! it was either nothing to do or all at the same time.
if you apply early, i'm sure it won't be a problem. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)

Unfortunately, I kinda felt like that when the rejection letters started pouring in too. :(

:)

When do secondaries normally come if you apply in June? Can you send secondaries back before LORs?

i don't think amcas is available for the schools to download until july sometime around the 10th. i got secondaries 5 days after amcas was submitted. The last one i got was sometime in early october. All i know is that all of a sudden i had around 17 secondaries to do and now letters of rec. Make sure you have all your letters before you turn in amcas, it will give you comfort

The timeline is as follows. You apply around early June, hopefully on June 1 but most likely a little later like June 3. The applications are not transmitted to the schools until around July 12 or mid July. You then get secondaries late July and all of August.

You will work on most of your secondaries in late July and early August. You typically send in your LORs around the same time you send in your secondary to a school. It is a lot easier if you have a LOR service as so you can just tell them to send it to each school as you get a secondary.

The interview invites start coming in late August, September, and so on. Good luck.

So True!!!!
stars.gif

depending on the number schools you apply to...you will be working on secondaries from july all the way to possibly november/december.....