Who's finished interviewing and who still is?

Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by teflontess15, Dec 6, 2005.

1. teflontess15

teflontess15 Member
    5+ Year Member

So it's been a rather long time since I've been complete and I'm getting more than a little anxious with the rumours about if you don't have interviews by january, you're not getting in or will be stranded on the waitlist. Thus, just wanted to ask if anyone knew if any schools have either stopped interviewing (I'm waiting for my Cornell rejection any day now), or when they will stop interviewing. Thanks!

2. Thundrstorm

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Alot of schools START interviewing in Dec/Jan, so I don't think a post-January interview is necessarily a bad sign. I got most of my apps in fairly early, and I'm about halfway through my scheduled interviews, but I have some scheduled as late as February. I was at an interview today where several applicants said it was their first interview. I think it's too early to start panicking, though I do understand your worry. Good luck! :)

3. neoserenity333

neoserenity333 foxy fox mccloud
    10+ Year Member

it's not too late!
    i talked to plenty of current MSTP students at various institutions who interviewed late in the season (i.e. after the new year), and it seemed to have worked out just fine with them :thumbup:

but then again...maybe i'm just trying to make myself feel better :oops:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. teflontess15

teflontess15 Member
    5+ Year Member

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I'm just getting worried about where the heck I'll be this time next year. It's funny, you spend three years preparing for this and now there's really nothing you can do...

And by funny I mean scary as hell.

5. SeventhSon

SeventhSon SIMMER DOWN
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    MD/PhD Student
    hey everyone, i got a real early Penn invite (to 12/8 one) and i had to reschedule it because I had finals this week. It was rescheduled to FEBRUARY. I never even thought about it at the time but does this put me at a disadvantage? asdfasdfasdfasdfadsf

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Bluntman

5+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    Yes. You most certainly will not get in now. :rolleyes:

7. jjmack

jjmack Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student, Resident [Any Field]
    If I remember correctly studies have shown that people who interivew late for nonrolling jobs etc do better than those who interview early. good luck.

8. SeventhSon

SeventhSon SIMMER DOWN
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    MD/PhD Student
    is penn non-rolling? They say "decisions are mostly made in march" or something like that. :confused:

9. gaganheim

gaganheim Member
    5+ Year Member

I'm in the same boat, their original offer was this weekend, but I already was going to Vandy, and they rescheduled me for last weekend in January. Like most Ivies, Penn is not rolling. They also are one of the largest programs, so there are plenty of slots. Best not to worry.

10. kassie

kassie Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

If you want funny, think of how you'll feel after 8 years MSTP waiting for residency interviews and match day! :laugh:

Good luck everyone!

11. Doctorsoontobe

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I got three interview invitations last week so I guess interview invitations are still being sent out

12. stherling

stherling stherling
    5+ Year Member

hey, were you an august MCATer? (I noticed on your profile that your apps were complete right when the scores were released). When did you get the Penn invite? Damn, I was hoping that they just hadn't gotten around to the August folks. :(

13. izibo

izibo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm done interviewing... oh wait, that's not what you were asking ;)

14. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    No, at Penn all acceptances are extended at one time. The school makes it very clear that the date on which you interview doesn't change your chances of receiving an acceptance.

15. teflontess15

teflontess15 Member
    5+ Year Member

Any chance you could mention where you're interviewing at? Thanks!

BTW- Anyone know if Cornell MSTP rejects are just automatically transferred over to the MD application process?

16. themadchemist

themadchemist Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I got an e-mail saying that they were just getting around to interviewing MSTP rejects for the MD program and that they wanted to know if I was interested because I was a "highly competitive applicant." Didn't everyone get this?

17. MrMunkily

MrMunkily Rogue One
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I also got that letter.