Who's finished interviewing and who still is?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teflontess15

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it's been a rather long time since I've been complete and I'm getting more than a little anxious with the rumours about if you don't have interviews by january, you're not getting in or will be stranded on the waitlist. Thus, just wanted to ask if anyone knew if any schools have either stopped interviewing (I'm waiting for my Cornell rejection any day now), or when they will stop interviewing. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Alot of schools START interviewing in Dec/Jan, so I don't think a post-January interview is necessarily a bad sign. I got most of my apps in fairly early, and I'm about halfway through my scheduled interviews, but I have some scheduled as late as February. I was at an interview today where several applicants said it was their first interview. I think it's too early to start panicking, though I do understand your worry. Good luck! :)

it's not too late!
i talked to plenty of current MSTP students at various institutions who interviewed late in the season (i.e. after the new year), and it seemed to have worked out just fine with them :thumbup:

but then again...maybe i'm just trying to make myself feel better :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I'm just getting worried about where the heck I'll be this time next year. It's funny, you spend three years preparing for this and now there's really nothing you can do...

And by funny I mean scary as hell.

hey everyone, i got a real early Penn invite (to 12/8 one) and i had to reschedule it because I had finals this week. It was rescheduled to FEBRUARY. I never even thought about it at the time but does this put me at a disadvantage? asdfasdfasdfasdfadsf

SeventhSon said:
hey everyone, i got a real early Penn invite (to 12/8 one) and i had to reschedule it because I had finals this week. It was rescheduled to FEBRUARY. I never even thought about it at the time but does this put me at a disadvantage? asdfasdfasdfasdfadsf
Yes. You most certainly will not get in now. :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly studies have shown that people who interivew late for nonrolling jobs etc do better than those who interview early. good luck.

SeventhSon said:

is penn non-rolling? They say "decisions are mostly made in march" or something like that. :confused:

I'm in the same boat, their original offer was this weekend, but I already was going to Vandy, and they rescheduled me for last weekend in January. Like most Ivies, Penn is not rolling. They also are one of the largest programs, so there are plenty of slots. Best not to worry.

If you want funny, think of how you'll feel after 8 years MSTP waiting for residency interviews and match day! :laugh:

Good luck everyone!

teflontess15 said:
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I'm just getting worried about where the heck I'll be this time next year. It's funny, you spend three years preparing for this and now there's really nothing you can do...

And by funny I mean scary as hell.

I got three interview invitations last week so I guess interview invitations are still being sent out

SeventhSon said:

hey, were you an august MCATer? (I noticed on your profile that your apps were complete right when the scores were released). When did you get the Penn invite? Damn, I was hoping that they just hadn't gotten around to the August folks. :(

I'm done interviewing... oh wait, that's not what you were asking ;)

SeventhSon said:
I never even thought about it at the time but does this put me at a disadvantage? asdfasdfasdfasdfadsf

No, at Penn all acceptances are extended at one time. The school makes it very clear that the date on which you interview doesn't change your chances of receiving an acceptance.

Doctorsoontobe said:
I got three interview invitations last week so I guess interview invitations are still being sent out

Any chance you could mention where you're interviewing at? Thanks!

BTW- Anyone know if Cornell MSTP rejects are just automatically transferred over to the MD application process?

teflontess15 said:
Any chance you could mention where you're interviewing at? Thanks!

BTW- Anyone know if Cornell MSTP rejects are just automatically transferred over to the MD application process?

I got an e-mail saying that they were just getting around to interviewing MSTP rejects for the MD program and that they wanted to know if I was interested because I was a "highly competitive applicant." Didn't everyone get this?

I also got that letter.