Who's going to apply to NOVA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aquasonic

Extraordinary Substance
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will apply to NOVA and it's my only choice. Who else will consider NOVA?
~Aquasonic

Members don't see this ad.

I was thinking about applying to Nova. Dont know how competetive I will be though :scared:

futureRXdealer said:
I was thinking about applying to Nova. Dont know how competetive I will be though :scared:

I was thinking about applying to UF but I will be out of state so I limit my choice to NOVA (close to where I will live if I get accepted)
Good luck to you futureRXdealer :)
~Aquasonic

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys - I will be applying to Nova as well. I currently work for Nova Southeastern at the Orlando Educational Center - and I really like the people and the university. Nova is definitely competitive. One of my co-workers (who recently transferred from Orlando down to West Palm to work as an advisor for COP) said that the COP received 3000+ applicants for the entering class of 06. So lots of people are applying - it just means that we have to work hard to be on top...

Did you guys take the June PCAT???

~above~

I'll apply to Nova as well. It's my first choice. But I also want to try other school (UF,...) for alternative. Nova will be my ideal choice cause it's closer to home, plus I would want to continue working at where i'm working since they're paying for my pre-pharm now. But i know pretty well that it's hard to get in that school, so i'll be sure to give it my best and and see which school will take me. Where do you live? and when r u going to apply?

I'm also planning to apply to NOVA... not my top choice though bcuz its far i'm up north. But its probably my 2nd choice... honestly, I would love to go anywhere.

aboveliquidice said:
Hey Guys - I will be applying to Nova as well. I currently work for Nova Southeastern at the Orlando Educational Center - and I really like the people and the university. Nova is definitely competitive. One of my co-workers (who recently transferred from Orlando down to West Palm to work as an advisor for COP) said that the COP received 3000+ applicants for the entering class of 06. So lots of people are applying - it just means that we have to work hard to be on top...

Did you guys take the June PCAT???

~above~

Wow, 3000+ applicants? That could be more next year! We'd better study day and night :)
I just took PCAT last Sat.

~Aquasonic

miamipharmd said:
I'll apply to Nova as well. It's my first choice. But I also want to try other school (UF,...) for alternative. Nova will be my ideal choice cause it's closer to home, plus I would want to continue working at where i'm working since they're paying for my pre-pharm now. But i know pretty well that it's hard to get in that school, so i'll be sure to give it my best and and see which school will take me. Where do you live? and when r u going to apply?

I used to live in Hollywood (FL) then moved to Cali. Now, I decide to head back home and I hope Nova will give me a chance :)
I will wait for my summer grade then apply.

~Aquasonic

Aquasonic, why don't you apply to other schools nearby too? In FL and other states... more chances that way, plus you'll still be on the east coast near home.

I'm applying to Nova-Palm Beach. It's my first choice. I live less than 2 miles from the campus.

This is probably about my 8th choice. Like the other person had said, I am happy to get in anywhere. I am out of state so I dont know where that puts me for Nova. I heard the take quite a few out of state students so I thought I would give it a shot. I am taking the PCAT in October.

Britty said:
I'm applying to Nova-Palm Beach. It's my first choice. I live less than 2 miles from the campus.

Britty - are applying to the West Palm Beach Nova campus - or Nova and Palm Beach Atlantic?

Glad to see we have a good group of applicants for Nova - I like the idea of going through the process having input from others doing the same...

The PCAT this past sat went ok for me - I was not happy with the Math, but everything else went ok. When the guy said "5 Minutes left" - I still had around 10 questions I had not even looked at :(

I have been thinking about the questions that gave me trouble whenever I get a break from studying for Organic. Man - I wish I had a chance to look at the math section again... :mad: its gonna be a long 5 weeks before the grades come back...

Sorry all - just venting some frustration...

~above~

aboveliquidice said:
Britty - are applying to the West Palm Beach Nova campus - or Nova and Palm Beach Atlantic?

The Palm Beach campus of Nova. It's really in Palm Beach Gardens not West Palm. :) I had planned on also applying to PBA but now that they've added two additional requirements (Survey of the Bible and Microbiology) I don't know if I will or not.

Britty said:
The Palm Beach campus of Nova. It's really in Palm Beach Gardens not West Palm. :) I had planned on also applying to PBA but now that they've added two additional requirements (Survey of the Bible and Microbiology) I don't know if I will or not.

I'm not to happy with the new requirements - I dont mind microbio, must of us will end up taking that before we go anyways. Its kind of hard to get Survey of the Bible at a public university though - Hopefully we can get that req delayed, or perhaps take it there prior to matriculating.
The bad thing is, if I dont apply there - then I am down to only UF and Nova - FAMU is not fond of transfer students. I wouldn't mind going to a christian school (even though I'm Jewish) b/c its a means to an end. Christian or not, I think I am applying... I suppose I wont have to seriously worry about that until later - right now is def working on Nova and UF app. Has anyone E-submitted pharmcas to receive the Nova Supplemental App???

~above~

Hi everyone,

I am applying to Nova as well. I have heard so many great things about Nova, and I have talked to Nova pharm students who are satisfied with their program.
I am also applying to UF but am thinking about picking one of their satellite schools. Is anyone else interested in UF's satellite schools? I know they have a St. Pete, Jacksonville, and Orlando campus besides their location in Gainesville.

I wish you all the best of luck.

aboveliquidice said:
I'm not to happy with the new requirements - I dont mind microbio, must of us will end up taking that before we go anyways. Its kind of hard to get Survey of the Bible at a public university though - Hopefully we can get that req delayed, or perhaps take it there prior to matriculating.

Yes, microbio isn't that big a deal. I can take it in the Spring without any hassle. I just think the Bible class is a silly prereq. for pharmacy.

I'm like you in that I really want to get accepted somewhere else, but I would go to PBA if that's what it takes to be a pharmacist.

I thought that PBA always had a religion prerequisite. I graduated from a Catholic University so I already had 9 required credits of religion. I applied there, but pulled my app when I got accepted to UF. Why pay $10,000 more a year for tuition?

I think PBA was def a religous school before - but Survey of the bible was not a prereq until this year... Regardless - The interview questions I'm quite certain would touch on the subjecf, and the P1 and P2 years have religous study incorporated into them.

I would still do it though - if it came down to it... Nova and UF are still the #1 choices. Ok - time for Organic (man I hate this class)

~above~

aboveliquidice said:
FAMU is not fond of transfer students.

Does anybody know how many out-of-state students FAMU accepts? I looked at the stats and it says "N/A". Should an out-of-state even bother taking the time to apply there?

xTonEx said:
Does anybody know how many out-of-state students FAMU accepts? I looked at the stats and it says "N/A". Should an out-of-state even bother taking the time to apply there?

There is a couple of FAMU threads that have been updated recently with some interesting info. From what people are saying - FAMU takes mostly in-house students from their Pre-Pharm program. Only a couple seats are reserved for transfer students (coming to FAMU from another school's undergrad - not pharm school to pharm school). I have not seen anything talking about whether or not those transfer seats are for In-state transfers or whatever.

Conventional wisdom says that somebody has to receive those seats - so it is certainly not hopeless. It will however, be very competitive. I am looking to be accepted to a Florida Pharm school - so I will be applying to all (4). Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I hope you decide to apply... what other schools are you applying to?

~above~