Who's Going to AudiologyNOW! Next Year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rEliseMe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to register, but it's probably a good thing that I can't yet because I can't decide if I want to volunteer or just take everything in! The best part is that it's in Boston, so I'll finally be able to get a tattoo from my favorite artist who lives there. ;)

Who else is planning on going? Any cool plans?

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to try to go but it depends when it is. I want to go to a AAS in Scotsdale, AZ because it is such a good Audiology conference and I think they are about the same time and I am still working on my externship. But if I do go I have family in the area so I will prolly stay with them to keep the cost down.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd email the volunteer coordinator to see if you have to volunteer every single day or if you can work one day and enjoy the following days participating in seminars, etc.

I just want to introduce myself; I work for the American Academy of Audiology on the Meeting Services team. Google alerts brought this discussion about AudiologyNOW! 2012 to my attention. I wanted to reach out to you in regard to a couple questions you currently have or may have in the future.
Just to confirm, the official date of the convention are March 28-31, 2012. You will find helpful information at www.audiologynow.org
As for the student volunteer positions, you only have to volunteer for 5 hours (consecutively) on one day and then enjoy the rest of convention. More details can be found at http://www.audiologynow.org/students/volunteers.html
Hope to see everyone is Boston!!!!

I can't wait to register, but it's probably a good thing that I can't yet because I can't decide if I want to volunteer or just take everything in! The best part is that it's in Boston, so I'll finally be able to get a tattoo from my favorite artist who lives there. ;)

Who else is planning on going? Any cool plans?

absoultely you should volunteer. it is so worth it! the volunteer slots can be interesting too because you might meet other students from other programs and have time to chat. in chicago i got to meet the authors of some articles i had just been reading and sit in on their learning lab. in san diego i worked with the PAC and got to know all about what they do.

i am definitely going to boston! AAA is so much fun.

I probably spent 30 minutes worth of my team volunteering last year. That's not to say that you will have the same experience, but you definitely won't spend more than a day. I highly recommend it.. Not sure if I will make it out to Boston this year..

I will definitely be there! Boston is less than 2 hours from me, so it's a no brainer. Everyone I met at Phonak U that has gone in the past said that it's a great experience for learning, networking, and having a lot of fun! I can't wait! :)

Ill be there volunteering, so as not to spend money that I don't have for registration

As a first year Au.D. student this fall I'm excited to experience first hand what everyone has been talking about. Boston seems like a great city too! I look forward to seeing you guys there!