Who's going to LECOM???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rowerman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who's headed up to Erie this summer?

Members don't see this ad.

I am! I plan to arrive late May. Does everyone have their housing lined up? Who is doing PBLP?
Hi, Gene!!! See you soon.

I will, but haven't secured housing yet.

Thalamus: Are you enrolling in the PBL stream?

I am not so enthused about it after talking to a post-bac student at LECOM. According to him, his bunch of post-bacs were test cases for the PBL-curriculum that will be unleashed this year. He recounted some kinks in his current program and I have no doubt that there will be similar problems with the new incoming class. THe other thing I don't like is you have to start in June to do anatomy.
What have you found out about the PBL so far? Please, share your thoughts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cholecal--
Yes, I applied to the program and am anxiously waiting to hear. I haven't had any feedback from students, but did talk with Dr. Mahalik and reviewed the Ohio state model that LECOM will be using.Also, I was told there is the potential for a dual MBA with this track. Now THAT really excites me!
I can help with housing questions if you need. I scoured Erie and looked at everything from a condo on the beach to a downtown flat. I am a licensed realtor, so was very picky about things.
Email me if you want to talk more
smile.gif

Anyone else doing PBL?

Originally posted by rowerman:
So far LECOM is the only school I've been accepted to. I'm waiting to hear from some others, because I really don't want to be so far from home, friends, family, boyfriend... Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Gym2575-

Ahh, don't give it too much thought. For many of us, we are leaving "things" behind. Think about the students from CA and FL etc. who are also leaving friends, families and significant others behind? You'll only be there for two academic years if you choose. It's going to fly by. Consider yourself privledged that you've been accepted and think about those who we're rejected. If you really want to be a physician, you'll make the sacrifice. AND Don't let your boyfriend hold you back...I choose LECOM over other schools. You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you'd like.

I will most likely be attending LECOM for the PBL in the summer as well. Hey Thalamus can I get some of your housing info?

Gym2575, you want to become a doctor to better yourself and mankind do you not? I am sorry but if you let your boyfriend stand in the way of you going to med school then that is outright foolish. I have lost a girl of 3 years (engaged) and have had great difficulty securing a relationship since then (Dec. 99) because they know that I am moving on. If the person that you love is not willing to make the sacrifices with you then maybe some soul searching is warrented.

Rowerman-
LECOM sucks. Why would you want to go there?

Originally posted by gym2575:
So far LECOM is the only school I've been accepted to. I'm waiting to hear from some others, because I really don't want to be so far from home, friends, family, boyfriend... Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Duh, what is your problem? Keep your boyfriend but cheat on him while you are away. Have the best of both worlds.

I am going to LECOM over KCOM and DMU-COM. I will be doing the PBL track. I am still looking for a roomate. Hello taking callers.