Who's going to SUNY upstate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiv007

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to see who is planning on attending SUNY upstate.

Members don't see this ad.

I am...we should start a Upstate Class of 2008 thread

On the Kimmer scale, you are probably at an 8 premed1218. I'm gonna need you to tone it down to about a 3. Have fun SUNY upstaters! It's cold! BTW, I'm going to where it is colder than you can imagine also, so I am allowed to make jokes about upstate weather. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted at a few places, but am only on upstate's high priority alternate list. Out of the six that I'm accepted/waitlisted at - this is my top choice.

It seems to me that the only negative to the school for some people is the weather and location - which to me, I could care less about.

What'd you guys think about upstate?

I'm in the Upsate area and my wife went to Upstate... okay... not for MD, and that might be different, but she enjoyed going to school there for her cytotechnology degree. Hooray... more school loans for us to pay off!

:D

I think we should start a thread premed1218. Didn't you graduate suma cum lade from UCLA? Thats awsome! I read in one of your other threads that you are into acting as well. Why medicine over acting? Why SUNY upstate?

I'm also on the high-priority alternate list. If my waitlist at Dartmouth doesn't materialize, and if Upstate ends up accepting me, that's where I'll be going.

Are you guys coming to the second look visit?

I liked upstate when I visited. They have new facilities which is nice. The only problem is going to be the weather, but my friend goes there (who is also from California) and he says he adjusted ok.