1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Who's going to SUNY upstate?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kiv007, Mar 15, 2004.

1. kiv007

kiv007 Junior Member

Just wanted to see who is planning on attending SUNY upstate.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. premed1218

premed1218 Member
    7+ Year Member

I am...we should start a Upstate Class of 2008 thread

4. HBMD

HBMD Beer does a body good
    7+ Year Member

On the Kimmer scale, you are probably at an 8 premed1218. I'm gonna need you to tone it down to about a 3. Have fun SUNY upstaters! It's cold! BTW, I'm going to where it is colder than you can imagine also, so I am allowed to make jokes about upstate weather. ;)

5. ek6

ek6 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Accepted at a few places, but am only on upstate's high priority alternate list. Out of the six that I'm accepted/waitlisted at - this is my top choice.

It seems to me that the only negative to the school for some people is the weather and location - which to me, I could care less about.

What'd you guys think about upstate?

6. RamosPA

RamosPA Junior Member

I'm in the Upsate area and my wife went to Upstate... okay... not for MD, and that might be different, but she enjoyed going to school there for her cytotechnology degree. Hooray... more school loans for us to pay off!

:D

7. HBMD

HBMD Beer does a body good
    7+ Year Member

I think we should start a thread premed1218. Didn't you graduate suma cum lade from UCLA? Thats awsome! I read in one of your other threads that you are into acting as well. Why medicine over acting? Why SUNY upstate?

8. beastmaster

beastmaster Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm also on the high-priority alternate list. If my waitlist at Dartmouth doesn't materialize, and if Upstate ends up accepting me, that's where I'll be going.

Are you guys coming to the second look visit?

9. kiv007

kiv007 Junior Member

I liked upstate when I visited. They have new facilities which is nice. The only problem is going to be the weather, but my friend goes there (who is also from California) and he says he adjusted ok.