Who's having sleep problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doyourealize1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Man....I haven't been sleeping well. Went to bed at two last night, and couldn't even get close to sleepy, so I got out of bed at 4:30 and studied til 5:30. Guess I'm getting really stressed out. Now I feel like crap, and I need to go to work. :( :(

Members don't see this ad.

i fall asleep in the middle of practice exams

please try not to stress so much--you are ready for this--once you get to the testing center and get started, you will see that it's not that horrible--honestly!!!

i have chronic insomnia... i usually only get 2-3 hours of sleep oif i have to get up early since i can';t sleep at night... i'm really worried about the 19th.

8AM WTF.

Members don't see this ad :)
time is going by sooooooo slowly. I just want to get this damn thing over with

Similar sleep problems, I just cant get the exam out of my head. Can not wait for this to be over.

DrCurious said:
Similar sleep problems, I just cant get the exam out of my head. Can not wait for this to be over.

my problem is going to bed at 3 am and waking up at 11. I've done this all summer long. It's definately going to be difficult changing sleep rythms the last week before the test. Some say stay up all nite and day with out going to sleep to fix the cycle....thats easier said than done. My plans include a 'gradual' change, and doing some physically exerting activities the day before to ensure a good nights sleep.

I go to bed around 1am, and just lie there with all these thoughts racing through my head about the test, what I did that day, how much time i have left, what else I'm planning on doing, what I am still getting wrong, secondaries, school starting, not seeing my friends...

man the mcat blows. freakin a.

but i had a dream the other night that i was done, and i thought i did well, and it was the best feeling i've ever had. yess

Yesterday I took the day off from studying (I need to just chill out!) and yet, when I tried to go to sleep, all I could do what agonize over the mcat....

But I also have chronic insomnia. The mcat just exacerbates the problem.

At least I've been getting up at 6:30am all summer to go to work! After 12 weeks of that, one more Saturday won't be an issue. :rolleyes:

i was having trouble sleeping to, not falling asleep till about 430 , there was a thread like this last week and someone suggested valerian root so i tried it. it dosent knock you out but it helps you relax a little. my sleep cycle is fine now, so if your trying to get into rythm try it out. i used the 400mg pills from Natures Resources , as a disclaimer they smell horrible. good luck

I got in the habit of going to bed early...
as the mcat gets closer I've found nerves to be a little more of an issue...

I've started listening to aldehyde, ketone and carboxylic acid reactions of EK Audio osmosis....

lol and I start to drift off pretty quickly...

I've had pretty crappy sleeping patterns lately. I finally realized that if I review notes while laying down I usually fall asleep. Plus I retain more information, win win.

you should preferably try to optimize your sleep hygiene.

but if you're too lazy.

try benadryl or melatonin.

The day after I took the MCAT, I slept like I'd been knocked out by Mike Tyson. Felt damn good.