bruinmojo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2001
New York
Status
well, I remember someone here was given an interview. Good luck to ya. Right now, I just received an e-mail saying that I have been put on hold for an interview :-\ . Not sure whether to be happy or just more anxious now.

Hello,

Your application has been put on hold for possible interview. This means we will not be interviewing you at this time, however, you may be interviewed at a later date. Please be advised that we only interview 25% of those receiving secondaries.

Bounty

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 16, 2002
Visit site
Status
I dont think it merits a "wow.doesn't sound too positive." I think most schools hold apps like that but they aren't always courteous enough to let you know. I mean, what do i know? I'm applying this year too but, from reading old posts, it sounds like a lot of people just wait and wait and wait before they hear anything.

About the Ads
J

jot

i was also put on hold for about 2 days - sit tight as dr. dodger dog said its "moving"

Street Philosopher

freebird
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2000
ann arbor
Status
jeez, they must put everyone on hold to mess with your head a little. esp if they hold dr dodger dog and jot.

i just sent my secondary a few days ago, a few days before the deadline :p probably won't be hearing from them for a while

J

jot

i figured it had something to do with out of state - but i think dodger is in ca - so who knows; i actually sent an e-mail asking why i was put on hold, and i got an interview as my response. don't know if they had anything to do with eachother

cabruen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
www.bruen.org
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Clearly they are properly trained on how to respond to jot. His email probably started a flury of activity in the office trying to make up for their faux paux.

Congrats Jot :clap: :)

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Street Philosopher
jeez, they must put everyone on hold to mess with your head a little. esp if they hold dr dodger dog and jot.
True. Or maybe are they playing hard to get b/c of inferiority complex to the other UC's? In doing 2ndaries, I've realized that the lower ranked schools have the most anal requirements @ LOR's & prereqs. :rolleyes:

UCSD's reported hardcore academic environment also makes it seem as though they're trying to boost their reputation. I'm surprised to learn that many more prestigious schools have P/F and no class rankings for the 1st two years--much more mellow.

Anyhow, beggars can't choose, so I'd be happy to make it to any UC. Let SD play their games.

souljah1

Attending
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2002
Not to be a party pooper, but most applicants who are 'put on hold' for an interview are eventually rejected. Atleast that is how it was last year for ucsd (I know first hand). I wouldn't let this be any indication as to how you will do at the other uc schools, though. They all appear to have slightly different priorities.

Street Philosopher

freebird
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2000
ann arbor
Status
does that include people who were later interviewed?

souljah1

Attending
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by Street Philosopher
does that include people who were later interviewed?
i don't know for sure, but those that are placed on hold are usually not invited for an interview.

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by username
Just because SD didn't give you an interview, it doesn't mean that you're a bad applicant or that SD is a bad school. Quit whining and sack it up. You'll get in somewhere.
Welcome to sdn username!

I don't remember mentioning that I'm a bad app or that SD is a bad school.

I recommend that you start off on sdn on a friendlier note or you may not get much sympathy here. Rule of courtesty: No personal attacks!

Random Access

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by jot
i actually sent an e-mail asking why i was put on hold, and i got an interview as my response. don't know if they had anything to do with eachother

jot to UCSD: "These are not the droids you are looking for. You will give me an interview."

;)

SMW

Grand Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2001
anchorage, ak
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by username
Quit whining and sack it up. You'll get in somewhere.
A little more humility from the newbies, please! ;) Really username, we wlecome you, but you haven't been around long enough (or at all) to address people that way. Oh, and did you mean "suck it up"? And, btw, welcome to SDN! :)

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
SMW,

Thanks for mediating. Btw, I was just venting frustration @ the process--did not mean to put down SD. Actually, I would be hysterical if even offered an interview there. :)

J

jot

jot to UCSD: "These are not the droids you are looking for. You will give me an interview."
:laugh: if you're on hold send 'em an e-mail asking why (phrase it slightly better ;)), doesn't seem to hurt, and may help.

DarkChild

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Status
are there any non-US citizens applying to UCSD here?
I sent in a copy of my greencard by fax, but havent heard a damn thing from them two weeks later.
Not a happy camper here!
:mad:

J

jot

yah - i was a non-us citizen when i applied - sent in my green card and they replied pretty promptly (a week) - so check it out.

About the Ads