SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Who's living at WestPort in Tulsa?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by UnderGrad, Jul 18, 2002.

1. UnderGrad

UnderGrad Senior Member 10+ Year Member

I was wondering who was living at WestPort in Tulsa. I've compiled the following from the OSU Class of 2006 post.

UnderGrad
    too-sweet-phat-cool-4-life
    Dr. Maxy
    maverickDO
    Fenrezz? (Are you living there?)

I thought it might be good to know who was going to be over there.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dr. MAXY

Dr. MAXY Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    UnderGrad,
    Yeap, you got that right I will be living at WestPort. I might be moving in on the 27th of July.
    The funny thing is, I have seen the outside of the apartment (from OSU-COM), but I do not even know where the entrance to the complex is.

4. UnderGrad

Dr. Maxy,

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't seen the inside of them until Tuesday when I made the long haul just to sign papers and check out my new home. I was having a difficult time deciding what to bring since I had never seen the inside. I was pleased with the apartment. Of course, I have also lived in some "slummy" places, so to me it looked awesome!

Have they assigned you an apartment yet?

5. too-sweet-phat-cool 4-life

too-sweet-phat-cool 4-life Way too Sweet for you!!!! 7+ Year Member

Mar 25, 2002
    My apt is 14G, I deceided to get the smallest one possible to save $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    luke

6. UnderGrad

I'll be at 2-O.

7. Dr. MAXY

Mar 13, 2002
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I'm at 19J..

8. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare 7+ Year Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Ft. Tulsadale
    10-C reporting in :)

I have no idea what the place looks like, but the guy told me it has a fireplace. Now there's something I'll have to get used to. :D I'll try to bottle up some of the warm weather down here and take it with me, just in case.

9. Dr. MAXY

Mar 13, 2002
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Fenrezz, With a fireplace, I guess your apt. will be on the 3rd floor with a view of the river.

10. Dr/\/\om

Dr/\/\om Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Just in case??? Oh, you'll need it! :D ;)

11. Dr. MAXY

Mar 13, 2002
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    After living in Houston for the past months, I really don't want to go back to the cold weather in OK. But then agian, I'm glad to be going back home to be around friends and family.

12. Fenrezz

Apr 24, 2002
    Ft. Tulsadale

He told me it was second floor but it does have a view of the river. I'm far too lazy to live on a third floor apartment without an elevator. ;)

I just had a thought. Can someone break into 10C now and let me know how the apartment looks? Better to do it in the middle of the night while the present occupants are sleeping. If you get caught I'll bail you out when I get there in a few weeks. :D

13. UnderGrad

Dr. Mom,

When does the weather start getting chilly in Tulsa?

14. Dr/\/\om

Dr/\/\om Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    I doesn't start cooling off until late September (this has been quite consistent for the past 7 years that I've been paying closer attention--around my daughter's b-day).

Usually the cool down is gradual, but weather around here is strange so there can be random hot & downright cold days thrown in the mix during the fall. The earliest I have seen snow in Tulsa is Halloween (just a dusting) and some winters we get none at all (although it will always get cold).

15. UnderGrad

Fenrezz,

Mine has a fireplace, and it is on second floor. My "river view" is more a view of the swimming pool, but if I strain my neck on the balcony (strain to the point of nearly falling off the damn thing :eek: :p :D ) I can catch a glimpse of the river.

By the way, another person from our interview group got in. See, I said that day when we were in the financial aid lecture that there were enough seats for all of us!

16. Dr. MAXY

Mar 13, 2002
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Haha. I would have done that just for you. But sorry I'm still in H town. :laugh:

17. Fenrezz

Apr 24, 2002
    Ft. Tulsadale
    Well don't keep me in suspense! :) Who was it? I remember you mentioning that Toby got accepted, is there someone else as well? That would make 4 out of 7 that we know of.

Guess we interviewed on the right day. There was some good karma going around. :clap:

Come to think of it, had I known the karma would be so good I should have sold my spot for $500 and 5% of future earnings. :laugh:

Dr. Maxy, don't sweat it, I'll save that bail money for ya. Tell "Bubba" I said hello. ;)

This waiting is killing me. I'm dying to get the move over with and settle in. Knowing I'm leaving here I can't get motivated to do anything. I haven't even reserved my U-Haul truck yet (how fun is that gonna be, driving half the country in that with a car in tow). I just sit around and watch tv, read, or waste my life away online. My best friend called it a perfect life, but what does he know. All I can say is thank God for Law and Order reruns and the Discovery Channel.

Is anyone else having that same problem with lack of motivation to do anything?

18. UnderGrad

Fenrezz,

I'll email you her name, okay? I hate to broadcast it across the whole world without her permission. I told her that you and I had been talking on here and that she should register on SDN and start posting!:)

And yes, I'm having the same motivation problem. I have SO-O-O-O-O many things to do before I leave, but I have barely accomplished anything. I think all the life changes I've had in the past 6 months have just knocked the wind out of me: applying for med school, getting engaged, interviewing for medical school, getting accepted, graduating from college, planning a wedding (even more time-consuming than applying to med school! :eek: ) getting married, living with my husband for only a month, and then freaking moving away! We have received a lot of wedding gifts, and here we are splitting the stuff up like we're getting divorced. Things are crazy!

I am like you--ready to get settled down into the ROUTINE of my new life! :)