canada

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2004
Visit site
Status
Hey, I was just wondering how many of us are on this thing....hear that it's very long. here's a start...

1. canada

HighRoller

15+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Status
There are rumors that Duke and other schools use different wait list letters ? alternate list at Duke - depending on how they rank the candidates. Did everyone receive a card to send back inviting a statement as to whether Duke is the first choice? Did the letter say that they may receive a commitment ?over the next few weeks??

1. canada
2. secretmiss
3. HighRoller

About the Ads

canada

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2004
Visit site
Status
What do they mean that they will receive a commitment in the next few weeks?

1. canada
2. secretmiss
3. HighRoller

secretmiss

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2004
Visit site
Status
its says keep your info recent, b/c after getting your response, you may be hearing from us by email or regular mail over the next few weeks

Entol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hey guys,

I actually received a postmark that did not ask me to indicate whether Duke was my #1 choice or not. It only asked whether I want to remain on the "alternate list", my signature, address for contact until august, and a telephone number.

I decided not to accept the waitlist, so I wish you guys good luck. Feel free to PM if you have any questions!

-Entol

tomatopie1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2003
Visit site
Status
I'm in the same boat. I also received the same letter as highroller.

I wasn't impressed with how Duke informed waitlistees 2 weeks later than all acceptees. It sort of turned me off. I remember meeting several people who got in off the waitlist at Duke when I interviewed there, although I may have just sub-consciously identified with them...

bmischen

word!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2003
on bended knee
Visit site
Status
1. canada
2. secretmiss
3. HighRoller
4. bmischen

I "heard" second-hand that two different letters were NOT intentionally sent out, so I don't think there was any meaning to the different letters...my theory is that some were just an older version.....but I am not positive.
I'm not sure how many people are on the waitlist, but I have met a few people who got in off the waitlist in past years....so I am still hopeful!

secretmiss

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2004
Visit site
Status
What are the two different letters?
If it's different in regards to the statement about letting them know if Duke is your first choice, it was written very discretely and if you didn't read the letter closely, you easily could have missed it. Also, there wasn't actually any written space on the reply card that said "check here if Duke is your first choice", you just had to hand write it in. Who had a different letter than that?

abababa

10+ Year Member
May 24, 2004
Status
is saying somewhere is your first choice like a letter of intent? Or can that change

The Remix

Liberal by necessity
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2004
NYC
Status
1. canada
2. secretmiss
3. HighRoller
4. bmischen
5. Remix

I'm anxious but I can't really complain if they don't accept me. Good luck everyone!

The Remix

Liberal by necessity
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2004
NYC
Status
TommyGunn04 said:
You realize this thread is from last year, right? So this list isn't accurate.
wow, ur right. oh well. knowing who else is on the list isnt going to help me anyway

About the Ads