Who's part of BU's 0T6 dent class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toothdecay

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any fellow classmates out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Toothdecay, do you go to UofT?

Hey Buckyball, I sure do. I work in the Restorative depart. at UofT's dental faculty. How about you? YOu at UofT dents? If you do, I should know who you are.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Toothdecay,

No, i'm not in UofT dents, but I am at UofT.

So, are you going to BU for sure next year? What made you choose BU?

Good luck,

Buckyball

Hopefully I won't be seeing you at BU ;) as I 'll be graduating in May/June but if you have any questions about it, don't hesitate.

One very important thing to do is call the registrar's office on Monday and ask them what they're planning on doing following this weekend's news. It was today announced that as of March 15, the Mass Health (medicaid) dental program will basically cease to exist. I'd estimate that just over 50% of BU's patients have been on MassHealth, and there already was a shortage of certain types of patients. I honestly do not have any clue what they will do now and it's a very very serious issue.

Hello IP,

Geeee, I haven't heard of this Medicade crisis. Heck, could you further elaborate or even shed your opinion on this situation.

Toothdecay

Anymore?
BU all the way!

HI ip---

I have a few questions about BU. What do you think are the weak/strong points of their program? I really want to attend a strong clinical school. Also, it seems many people consider Tufts a better dental school-what is your opinion? I would appreciate any thoughts on the two schools.
-k

kmm,

I interviewed at both schools and in my opinion, Tufts by far is the better school and has a great reputation.

Originally posted by kmm:
•HI ip---

I have a few questions about BU. What do you think are the weak/strong points of their program? I really want to attend a strong clinical school. Also, it seems many people consider Tufts a better dental school-what is your opinion? I would appreciate any thoughts on the two schools.
-k•••

I came to BU without knowing either reputation. From what I hear, BU students have a better rep as far as "here's a room, here's your patient, get to work". Meaning, clinically get the job done well and eficiently. I've heard that at a health center that we work at with BU/Tufts/Harvard students. Don't ask what they say about Harvard students ;) . Around town, it seems like Tufts has the better rep. But it really doesn't matter at all, everyone graduates and no one really knows anything when you graduate anyways. I get the feeling that 95% of learning is after you graduate.

As for BU's curriculum,
Weak points: not enough clinic room, although they are expanding any day now. I'd also have preferred more of an emphasis on the hard science of denistry, backed up by research.

Strong points: APEX rotations. Instead of a couple months vacations in 1st and 2nd year, you get placed in private offices/school clinics to assist and get your hands dirty. It was the reason I came to BU and it was very good, considering I came to school with no dentistry exposure.

I don't know much about Tufts obviously but as far as gaining clinical competence, I'm very happy with BU. You can do as much as you want to do and there are enough good people to help you get it done right.

Dear IP,

Thanks for chatting with me lastnight. It was greatly informative.

Toothdecay

Originally posted by Toothdecay:
•Dear IP,

Thanks for chatting with me lastnight. It was greatly informative.

Toothdecay•••

Anytime.

No more BU students for 0T6?