Who's passing up positions at schools? (for us waitlisted people)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OUsooner

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are several people here who are on waitlists and some of us who are in but waitlisted at a school we like better. This thread is to try to sort out who is making positions available by passing on an acceptance. So if you are turning something down please speak up. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey ousooner
heard anything from UHS yet? i think i interviewed with you in May. It sounds like you are on quite a few waitlists...good luck! I know how bad it sucks to hold your breath and pray before looking at the mail everyday!

Anyone out there know how many applicants are on the "high alternative" wait list? I received the same call last Wednesday night with the "high alternate" info. How many of us are out there?

Members don't see this ad :)
CJT,
i'm on their alternate list, but they will not draw from that list this year. the real alternates for this year are those who were excepted for "next" year's class (fall 2k3). my top choice (kirksville) seems promising. just keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck OUsooner. Wish to see you at K'ville in Fall. :) I will give up my seat at DMU...probably not much of help for you, but it will be for someone else.....

OUsooner, That's awesome that Kirksville sounds promising. While this might not matter much anymore, I think there might be a chance that UHS will go to the alternate list cause they've already gone through 11 of the 25 or so people in the waitlist/accept category. Anyhow... Best of luck again!

CJT, did you get into UHS already for this year?

If anyone wants it, my seat is now open at CCOM. Could I start the bid on E-Bay?

Thanks Treybird. I'm willing to bid, but I'd prefer to swap you straight up for a spot at TUCOM. Did you give up your spot on the alternate list or an actual seat? Were you fully deposited?

I was an alternate at AZCOM, I just got an acceptance phone call yesterday, which I declined, so AZCOM has an open position. Treybird, why not CCOM?

treybird: does that mean you are going to TUCOM?

just want to thank everyone for responding to the thread. it gives hope to those on the dreaded waitlists.

hey jasjaz
i just got off the UHS waitlist and accepted the seat yesterday. How about you? I know you had a few options...are you still deciding?

Members don't see this ad :)
CJT- Fellow CU grad/Boulder! Good to see some others in Boulder heading the DO route. Are there any DO's youve shadowed in Boulder? At People's Clinic maybe? Good luck, congrats on UHS. Im headed to CCOM.

CJT, I still haven't gotten the call yet. However when I called them last week they told me to get my matricuation stuff ready. Hopefully I'm not reading into it, but it sounded like I should expect to get off the waitlist soon. I just wish it could be this week cause I'm going to be heading off to Spain this Saturday for a month. So it would have been nice to have this stuff taken care off before I leave, but whatever. I'm currently on three waitlists and am holding an acceptance at LECOM. So, as you could probably gather already, I'd choose UHS over Erie.

CJT- one more thing... CONGRATS!!! :clap:

Good luck all. i just found out i'm in at KCOM so i'm relieved to say the least. keeping other waitlist options open for now just in case but KCOM was my top choice so i'm a happy man.

Congratulations, OUsooner! That's awesome!

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D

OUSooner- CONGRATS!!!!! THAT'S SO AWESOME!!!!!
I'm so happy for you! Yea! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thx all.
keep the faith jasjaz and those on waitlists. it will work out in the end. i am the king of waitlists so i can speak from experience. just want to thank all those who provided support at this site. it really does make a difference. thx again and talk to u all later.

I'm given up my seat at WesternUComp as soon as I get the official letter from WVSOM! Good luck to whoever takes my spot!

My friend is giving up his spot at Touro!!! I hope this helps. I am not sure if he has told the admissions office, but I will find out!

OUSOONER, congratulations! im glad you can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

jasjaz..i would definately count on uhs if you havent heard from them yet. when i wrote them an email asking about the waitlist before i got accepted they said they are expecting to take almost everyone off the list of those who were accepted for the following year/waitlisted for this year. ill keep my fingers crossed for you and have a great time in spain!

conmantlc- congrats on ccom. :clap: it is great to hear that the DO route is gaining some popularity around here..especially since MD is pretty much shoved down our throats out here b/c of CU health sciences. i havent shadowed anyone out here (i did all my shadowing in florida) but i work with a few of them at BCH. did you do some work at the peoples clinic?

CJT- I work at Community Medical Center in Lafayette. I work with 4 DO's, two of which went to CCOM. I worked at BCH ER this summer, but didn't really work with many DO's. When I tell people im going to med school, they say, " Oh are you going to CU health sciences?", and then "why not?". What do you think of general public knowledge of DO's in Boulder? I think its not very well known. Very few people I've talked to know what a DO is. But most of the doctors I work with agree that the DO's are great.

i gave up my positions at nycom and wvsom. will attend dmu. hope that helps!

I just sent a letter today to LECOM releasing my seat. Earlier in the week, I was accepted at OSUCOM. I hope everyone else will hear something positive soon regarding waitlists.
--Ashley

I gave my seat up at TUCOM not because it's a bad school but I rather stay near home at WesternU/COMP. :clap:

I just gave up my seat at WVSOM and COMP. Good luck to those who want to get in.