Who's received secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Geoff

Mzungu
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Saw some posts about people who said they have started filling out secondaries for 2009? According to AMCAS, stuff isn't being sent out till the 24th I thought. Anyone else get secondaries yet?

jeff

Members don't see this ad.

Texas applicants may have received them since TMDSAS has been sent to schools.
These secondaries have also been available (with the exception of Southwestern) since May 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
The secondaries for this cycle haven't been sent out, but there are lists of questions from previous cycles. Apparently these are usually the same year to year, so people are probably working off those prompts before the real secondaries get to them. Helps to have a quick turnaround, y'know?

Yeah, I've also checked out last years secondary prompts, but I didn't know about the texas schools.... thanks

Also look at the thread Shesmarty started... Wash U, Columbia, Hopkins and Yale have secondaries out already.

Also look at the thread Shesmarty started... Wash U, Columbia, Hopkins and Yale have secondaries out already.

yeah, for those schools, you can fill out the secondaries before your AMCAS is verified. you just need to create your account, and they'll link your primary to your secondary after.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=530082

Here is the link to the Secondary Application 2008-2009 Thread. I've been posting secondaries (from this year) as they become available. A lot of schools don't even need to see your AMCAS before you're allowed to fill out the secondary. As long as you have your AAMC ID #, you can open up an account and start. They review the primary and secondary together, probably in July or August.

Post future questions about secondary applications on that thread. It was my attempt to keep all the discussion about 2008-2009 secondaries consolidated in one place.

Good luck!

SHEMARTY