camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Anyone? Or is it just me? Tuesday is 13 weeks post-interview.

OP
C

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
anyone?

docjolly

On Cloud Nine, Once Again
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2004
The Empire State
Status
Attending Physician
camisho said:
well, i haven't heard anything either..whether it be interview or not. i was completed in October.

i've contacted the admissions office numerous times over the past couple of months, but i'm always given the same generic answer... :(

blz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2002
LA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I went up to the med school on friday and a dean said they handed out over 300 acceptances to a class of only 170, basically implying that they are pretty full (and who knows how much waitlist movement there's gonna be with that many acceptances). Good luck. I would suggest you become great friends with Dr. Heinrich.

CocoMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2004
Status
also 6 wks post interview and have yet to hear anything... good luck to all!

OP
C

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Over 300 already?!?! :eek:

How many do they typically accept to fill an entering class each year?

blz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2002
LA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
camisho said:

I believe that may be the norm since many people decline

OP
C

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
weird...because when I called a couple of weeks ago I was told by the secretary not to listen to rumors that the class was full. But I guess if you're hearing it from the Dean, maybe it's true. have you been accepted there, Blz?

Dr. Chiquita

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2003
in pajamas
Visit site
Status
camisho said:

If this helps you out at all, they interviewed 679 last year and accepted 440 total (this includes off waitlist as well) to fill their class of 170 according to US News stats. Don't lose hope just yet.

blz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2002
LA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
camisho said:
weird...because when I called a couple of weeks ago I was told by the secretary not to listen to rumors that the class was full. But I guess if you're hearing it from the Dean, maybe it's true. have you been accepted there, Blz?

Yea I am already accepted. I was up there for a program I lead. The students in the program came for a Q&A with all the deans about applying for NEXT year. So naturally the deans were talking about the process currently underway. In reference to a question about how early you should apply, dean wright (who is brutally honest) said, "Honestly, this year so far we've handed out over 300 acceptances for a class size of only 170 - so apply early!" But if it's true that they hand out over 400 acceptances, it still looks like you have a decent shot.

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
Dr. H is a super nice guy so you should def be in contact with him, if not become his new best friend :) ....as far as the class goes, I believe the class is pretty filled for now, but many people will be withdrawing from now to August, so hopefully those of you on the waitlist may be accepted....GL to everyone!!

LorinE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
docjolly said:
well, i haven't heard anything either..whether it be interview or not. i was completed in October.

i've contacted the admissions office numerous times over the past couple of months, but i'm always given the same generic answer... :(
Complete since August and no word. I think they favor NJ residents. I'm a NY resident so I guess thats why I haven't been offered an interview. Also haven't been rejected though. Maybe that's whats up for those of us who haven't heard.

OP
C

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Who still hasn't heard anything post-interview? When was your interview?

drguy22

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Attending Physician
camisho said:
Who still hasn't heard anything post-interview? When was your interview?
hey there...hows it goin...

did u send a letter of interest to Dr. H? or maybe even an email.

also, if you have any new changes, like a new letter of rec of some new grades, or anything that looks good, send it in. Did you go meet with Dr. H? If you really really work hard at it, i think youll be my classmate:) good luck man!

OP
C

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Thanks, I'm nervous. Anyone still waiting? Negrito and CocoMD I'm looking in your direction...

starforce_chips

10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2004
Status
camisho said:
Thanks, I'm nervous. Anyone still waiting? Negrito and CocoMD I'm looking in your direction...
Are you guys planning to go to Newark? Piscataway?

What were your stats? Undergrads?...just curious. :)

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Status
drguy22 said:
... If you really really work hard at it, i think youll be my classmate:) good luck man!
Now, if that's not a very good incentive, I don't know what is.

CocoMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2004
Status
yep, still waiting... interviewed 1st week of jan.

OP
C

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Yea...last day of the month today and still nothing...gotta be patient...good luck Coco, let me know when you hear anything at all from them

DocPimp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
Yeah, i interviewed in mid November and still haven't heard.... . wtf

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
hang in there guys...keep your heads up...there's always a chance for things to open up a little after people withdraw apps....good luck to everybody!!

Karina

Surgeon in training...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2001
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
camisho said:
Anyone? Or is it just me? Tuesday is 13 weeks post-interview.
I interviewed in December...and it took them 5 weeks to notify me about being placed in the wailist. A friend of mine interviewed the same day as I did, and he found ount 2 weeks before I did that he was on the waitlist. I have no idea how they handle their paperwork and stuff. But 13 weeks...seems kind of extreme...have u tried calling them?

Karina

drguy22

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2004
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Attending Physician
Karina said:
I interviewed in December...and it took them 5 weeks to notify me about being placed in the wailist. A friend of mine interviewed the same day as I did, and he found ount 2 weeks before I did that he was on the waitlist. I have no idea how they handle their paperwork and stuff. But 13 weeks...seems kind of extreme...have u tried calling them?

Karina
at the luncheon Dr. H did tell us that they prolly arent gonna send out the next wave of accepts for a while...so i think that if you havent heard anything, thats a good thing. I know it sucks a lot not knowing, but its much better than being waitlisted. My suggestion is to everyone that hasnt heard yet, keep updating them, and let them know you want to go there...BAD! good luck :luck:

LorinE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
I got rejected today. I had a 3.6 and a 29 on the MCAT. I dunno what's up with that.

premedgeek

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
Status
LorinE said:
I got rejected today. I had a 3.6 and a 29 on the MCAT. I dunno what's up with that.
Rejected post secondary, 3.8, 37, August MCATer, Out-of-state

OP
C

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
When did you guys interview?

OP
C

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
When did you interview, LorinE?

docjolly

On Cloud Nine, Once Again
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2004
The Empire State
Status
Attending Physician
Well, I telephoned the admissions office yesterday around 4:15pm. According to the admissions secretary, the interview season is almost at a close. If I haven't received word of an interview yet, then I will not be offered one :( Oh well :D

PublicEnemy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
LorinE said:
LorinE, that sucks. you're in the MSBS program aren't you? thats insane that NJMS didn't interview you. at least you got into one of your own state schools.

so they're sending out rejections for people they did not interview.

has anyone been rejected post interview? or are we all on the "alternate list"?

i think the people that haven't heard anything post-interview are at an advantage, they're probably waiting to offer them spots when space is available. i wonder how many if any of us will get offered spots off the alternate list.

DocPimp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
It seems a little ridiculous I interviewed Nov 17th and have heard nothing. I called at 8 weeks and 10 weeks and both times i was told I'd hear within the next two weeks. Needless to say I've given up on calling.......

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
LorinE and PremedGeek, that really sux, im sorry....both your stats place you as very competitive applicants at most any school, not just NJMS....when did you apply, and when were your interviews?

PreMedAdAG

I am so smart. S-M-R-T :)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 16, 2002
CA
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi,
I'm a CA resident, submitted back in the first week of July. I just got my rejection last week.. good luck to those still waiting

blz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2002
LA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
NJMS is not very friendly to out of staters...sorry.

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
PreMedAdAG said:
Hi,
I'm a CA resident, submitted back in the first week of July. I just got my rejection last week.. good luck to those still waiting
That sux PreMed....so I guess you're settling for your 2nd choice in UC Davis? :D Congrats that's awesome, good luck next year! :thumbup:

LorinE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Status
PublicEnemy said:
LorinE, that sucks. you're in the MSBS program aren't you? thats insane that NJMS didn't interview you. at least you got into one of your own state schools.

so they're sending out rejections for people they did not interview.

has anyone been rejected post interview? or are we all on the "alternate list"?

i think the people that haven't heard anything post-interview are at an advantage, they're probably waiting to offer them spots when space is available. i wonder how many if any of us will get offered spots off the alternate list.
Yeah I am in the MSBS program... They told me I was guaranteed an interview because of that and nope - no interview... Heinrich wrote me a letter and told me to apply next year... YEAH RIGHT... I'm headed to Syracuse now... It's all good I guess. I think they have very low tolerance for out-of-staters....

Timmythemic22

Beep Beep Ribby Ribby
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2004
NJ
Status
Hey guys...

Had 1st interview in Nov, 2nd interview in Dec, and met with Dr. Heinrich in Jan. I've called twice about my status and I'm still 'in review'. I certainly hope the class isn't full yet, NJMS is now my first choice!

OP
C

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
anyone still waiting? anyone know how much the waitlist moves?

Negrito6

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Ft. lauderdale
Status
Just got the phone call from Dr. Heinrich, I got accepted! 8 weeks post interview. Goodluck to you all!! :)

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
Negrito6 said:
Just got the phone call from Dr. Heinrich, I got accepted! 8 weeks post interview. Goodluck to you all!! :)
That's awesome!! Congrats!! One of the greatest phone calls you'll ever get! I second that question...plan on attending? :)

Negrito6

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Ft. lauderdale
Status
I have one more interview coming up, so I have to wait on how that goes. But there is a high probability that I will be up there this Fall. :D

OP
C

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
Negrito where is your next interview?