who's the best person to talk to at bradenton?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lala83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
of the people who are/were waitlisted at lecom-bradenton, do you have any advice as to who i should talk to periodically to make sure they know i'm still really interested?

i don't want them to forget about me, but i don't know if talking to heather morande or annette shively is going to help much since they're not on the committee. any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

of the people who are/were waitlisted at lecom-bradenton, do you have any advice as to who i should talk to periodically to make sure they know i'm still really interested?

i don't want them to forget about me, but i don't know if talking to heather morande or annette shively is going to help much since they're not on the committee. any advice?

From my experience, no one was that helpful. However, Dr. Berezniak was the one who had gotten in touch with me on application-related ordeals. Glad I'm done dealing with them, they were as bad as PCOM-Ga.

There are only four doctors on the actual acceptance committee. However, they don't generally have a lot of contact with students prior to the interview process. There's a big chance that you'll never meet with one of them at all before they vote on your acceptance. They have plenty of other things to do during their normal day, since they already have several hundred matriculated students to deal with. The people in the admissions office are your liaison. If they are familiar with you, then the committee will be familiar with you as well. There isn't much going on in that office that Annette doesn't know about. She's been there longer some of the others (they've hired several new people this year) and can be of great help to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how full their class is? I'm supposed to interview next week.

Anyone know how full their class is? I'm supposed to interview next week.

At this point it really doesn't matter how "full" the class is because they have plenty of spots available for competitive applicants. The class doesn't get "full" until they start pulling from the alternate list. They save spots for quality applicants all the way until interviews are finished, and they will either reject you (if you have no chance), accept you (if you are a great candidate), or put you on the alternate list (if they like you, but have already filled all the available spots for the week). People will continually be added to and dropped from the class right until the point where orientation ends and class begins.

so i talked to ms. shively today and she asked me to forward my fall semester grades. i hadn't sent them in until now b/c with applying/interviewing, i wasn't able to do my best. i've been doing better this semester, so i was intending on sending the transcript in in may so that they could see an improvement in grades.

i don't want to dig myself into a hole by them looking at my sub-par grades from the fall and reject me! any ideas as to what i should do? maybe i can make a note in my letter of intent that i wasn't able to focus 100% of my efforts? any other thoughts?