Who's Vietnamese? Must be Full Viet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PharmDster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Community of Vietnamese People..Future of Pharmacists..GO VIET!

IF you are 100% Viet, Post Here to INDICATE that you are Vietnamese, so we can communicate with each other about pharmacy! :eek: :love: :p :D :smuggrin: :rolleyes: :mad: :cool: :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

please do a search...
there is a vietnamese roll call on here.

Members don't see this ad :)
why the "Must be Full Viet" or 100%?

just thought it was odd. what's wrong with not being full? just wonderin...

Yea, there's already a thread about this.

umm 100% viet mean, must be able to cook some damn fine pho?

What's the big deal about Pho? It's just rice noodles instead or regular noodles with dumb bean sprouts. How can you be obsessed with something so simple...it's just soup.

OoShimmeroO said:
What's the big deal about Pho? It's just rice noodles instead or regular noodles with dumb bean sprouts. How can you be obsessed with something so simple...it's just soup.

'Cause pho is damned tasty. By the way, I'm a pre-dental but I am Viet also.

EyeAmCommi said:
'Cause pho is damned tasty. By the way, I'm a pre-dental but I am Viet also.

Damn tasty to me is a plate of escargot followed by rack of lamb with a nice bottle of Chateau Margaux.

With a name like Groulx, I have to love french food.

I also don't see a point for 100% Viet. There's really no such thing as a pure race and personally I don't like hearing about it. :scared:

Caverject said:
'pho shizzle

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!! :laugh:

Oh man, I'm at work, I need to not bust out lauging...

FutureRxGal said:
He so stole that from a pic I showed him a long time ago. :rolleyes: :smuggrin:

Well then, the laugh is directed at the picture, and a swift kick is directed at Caverject ;)

[Sorry, Cject, it's just that I don't want to leave for class in a few minutes, so that's making me want to kick something, and you were just kinda there. You know how it is. Stupid business economics, what a waste of my time...]

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats the funniest thing I've heard all day (all 2 hours of it :) ) thanks Cav
:laugh:

WVURxGal said:
Well then, the laugh is directed at the picture, and a swift kick is directed at Caverject ;)

[Sorry, Cject, it's just that I don't want to leave for class in a few minutes, so that's making me want to kick something, and you were just kinda there. You know how it is. Stupid business economics, what a waste of my time...]
you're telling me wvu2007 is not around there somewhere? I'm sure there is someone on the tram to school you can kick around

Caverject said:
you're telling me wvu2007 is not around there somewhere? I'm sure there is someone on the tram to school you can kick around

Nope, at the time the lucky so-and-so was asleep. Now he's at class.

But that's a good idea... I've gotta take the PRT ("personal rapid transit", it's WVU's ghetto-as-can-be monorail between campuses) to the Med center in a few... I'll shove a few people around when I'm getting on. That thing is fun at rush times (like right when classes let out), it's like a mosh pit. Whoo! I can take out my class frustration there! I officially take back the kick.

This Thread Sucks!!! Bananaface Please Delete This Thread!!!

mbapharmd77066 said:
This Thread Sucks!!! Bananaface Please Delete This Thread!!!

I second that.

goheel said:
I second that.
I think this belongs in a cultural forum, not a pharmacy forum. If we're going to have a vietnamese thread every month, then we need a hundred other ethnic background threads to be fair to everyone. Please discuss pharmacy, not ethnicity. And as far as the 100% vietnamese comment, you have to be 100% to be part of your group? That seems awfully arian nation and hitlerish. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Betty'sBeast said:
I think this belongs in a cultural forum, not a pharmacy forum. If we're going to have a vietnamese thread every month, then we need a hundred other ethnic background threads to be fair to everyone. Please discuss pharmacy, not ethnicity. And as far as the 100% vietnamese comment, you have to be 100% to be part of your group? That seems awfully arian nation and hitlerish. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I totally agree!!!

Ban his ass. :mad:

What a controversial thread! Although, i'm still looking for the controversy. :confused:

If this were a discussion about how pharmaceuticals/disease affected the vietnamese/minority communities or some other topic that is under debate dealing with healthcare, then I would see a purpose to a thread that dealt with specific ethnic backgrounds (since some diseases are more predominant than others in different populations).
But umm... I don't think this is the topic of the thread. =p

I am vietnamese, but I don't see how that relates to becoming a pharmacist. :confused:

There is nothing wrong with people who identify as part of the same group coming together to make themselves feel that they can identify more with other community members. If that was the intention fo the OP, it seems to have gotten far off course. Whatever the case may be, it is time that this thread be closed.

Pleasae remember that thread closures can always be requested by PMing a moderator. And, bad posts can be reported using the "report bad post" option.

- Anna :)

Status
Not open for further replies.