Who's Waiting for OCT 15th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marr

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yo, the 15th is the special date. Who is waiting and for what school.

Me=LSU School of Medicine New Orleans!!!!

Hope all of us get some treats instead of tricks!!!! Good Luck

Members don't see this ad.

i'm waiting for Tulane, had my interview on 10/01 and they said I should here in two weeks, but I am sure they can not notify before the 15th. Hoping i get in so I at least know I am going to be going to med school somewhere next year. Best of luck to everyone counting the days down till 10-15. :thumbup: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
OSU is pretty quick, so im gonna be checking in the morning!!!!........im soooo scarred..............i just want a school to take me!!!!! i blabbered in my interview, i hate it when i do that! :scared: :confused:

wends said:
OSU is pretty quick, so im gonna be checking in the morning!!!!........im soooo scarred..............i just want a school to take me!!!!! i blabbered in my interview, i hate it when i do that! :scared: :confused:

Hey, I blabber too. :oops:

Marr,
I am waiting for the same envelope as you; LSU-NO. Good luck to you and I hope we are classmates next year.
-Mike-

marr said:
Yo, the 15th is the special date. Who is waiting and for what school.

Me=LSU School of Medicine New Orleans!!!!

Hope all of us get some treats instead of tricks!!!! Good Luck

wends said:

Waiting for UNC, LSU, Tulane, OSU--wonder if any of us interviewed together!

Quick question about OSU--their status page says an answer will come in 10 working days of the interview... For me it has been much longer than that. Does that only apply if you have been interviewed within 10 working days of October 15th? Do they let you know either way in 10 days?

come on vanderbilt...

Yo, Mike Good Luck to you too!!!! As for everyone else has the anticipation started yet. It's like the MCAT all over again.

Hoping for a letter from Saint Louis University!

Anxiously awaiting Davis.. but most likely will be about 1-3 weeks post the Oct. 15th date :(

Waiting for Kentucky. *crosses fingers*

Waiting for any acceptance, but Wake Forest would be nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping more than anything for an OSU acceptance, like wends, but will also be on the lookout for Tulane, Jefferson, and Temple. I'll take anything!

Although OSU is not my first choice, I realy liked what I saw there. Everything (facilities, students, etc) were top notch, and I think going there would be awesome. My interviewer basically told me she wanted to accept me, and that she would not have a problem presenting me to the adcom...so I just want the 15th to come so I can know for sure. It would definitely be a stress relief to have an acceptance from somewhere I like that early.

tulane and case western.....i'll probably get wait listed at both schools, but still waiting for the 15th

waiting for a big green wave tulane envelope on the 15th! hopefully it's thick and smells like acceptance.

waiting for Tulane, SUNY Buffalo, SUNY Upstate and Vanderbilt......just like anybody else...Id take anything

gotigers said:
waiting for a big green wave tulane envelope on the 15th! hopefully it's thick and smells like acceptance.

Just a heads up for those waiting for Tulane's response - according to a student there, the acceptances come in thin envelopes. So you'll never know what you got until you open it up.

PreMedAdAG said:
Anxiously awaiting Davis.. but most likely will be about 1-3 weeks post the Oct. 15th date :(

Me Too!!!! Hopefully in the next 2 weeks :)

DoctorMalki said:
Me Too!!!! Hopefully in the next 2 weeks :)
if we both make it in (fingers quadruple crossed) you are for sure my study buddy!!!

Davis said 4-6 weeks, so not quite october 15th, but before thanksgiving we hopes.

I'm waiting on Baylor & Michigan.

Michigan will offer some resolution for sure, be it admittance, waitlist, or denial, but Baylor says they may keep you hanging till April if they have to.

Either one of those will help me relax quite a bit.

yancantcook said:
when schools say the 15th, is the letter going to arrive at our door or be mailed out by the 15th??
i think it depends on the school, but ill be staring at my phone crying myself to sleep in the early hours of that friday morning.

PreMedAdAG said:
if we both make it in (fingers quadruple crossed) you are for sure my study buddy!!!

For sureeee !!! It'll be so much fun !! :clap:

fyi for you guys waiting to hear from tulane.. i got an acceptance letter today! its a thin envelope so dont freak out. i interviewed with them on 9/20. good luck everyone!

So..Tulane doesn't have to wait until the 15th? Oh Yeah........
Congratulations! :thumbup: Where do you want to go?

Congrats, LNpisces!! Oooh, I hope I get an acceptance from Tulane! I interviewed on 9/27, though, so it might be longer before I hear anything.

ohio state, hopefully...

I interviewed on october 4th but they make decisions on your file that night and the dean said that they should be able to get us results in a week and a half...

cripes, i think we're all waiting on ohio state. go buckeyes!!! :D

i'll also prolly hear from wright state. the other places i've interivewed at aren't in any particular hurry to notify the students, though. i was told at case and northwestern that i'd hear in november, and upitt does that whole feb/march thing. my interviews at cincy and dartmouth are too close to the "deadline" to factor in (10/12 and 10/14). wake isn't even until the next week.

i guess the 15th doesn't really mean that much to me, after all. oh well, maybe i can just concentrate on biochem, then :rolleyes: :laugh:

waiting for University of Maryland...but i'm not expecting to be right on the 15th...

LNpisces said:
fyi for you guys waiting to hear from tulane.. i got an acceptance letter today! its a thin envelope so dont freak out. i interviewed with them on 9/20. good luck everyone!

Oh christ, its going to be here on monday :eek:

WI mails out the day of the 15th...so inter city mail, I am guessing 3 days :laugh:

RunMimi said:
Wow--this time next week, we might actually be accepted! I'm amazed at the incredibly length and energy of this process. The prospect that it might be over soon is just unimaginable.

let's hope. i'll take anything!

good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :luck:

congrats brats!!

OSU give me some lovin!!! good luck superdevil and UCLAstudent!!!! :luck: :luck: :love: :love: hope we can all go out and celebrate on Friday.........im so nervous!!!! :scared: :cool:

wends said:
congrats brats!!

OSU give me some lovin!!! good luck superdevil and UCLAstudent!!!! :luck: :luck: :love: :love: hope we can all go out and celebrate on Friday.........im so nervous!!!! :scared: :cool:

Good luck to you, too! I will be at an interview on Friday so I won't even be able to check in the morning. :scared: ;)

yeah, waiting on Emory, UVA, MCG. I don't think Emory is gonna let anyone know until the beginning of next month though. I guess they're just non-conformists

UCLAstudent said:
Good luck to you, too! I will be at an interview on Friday so I won't even be able to check in the morning. :scared: ;)
same here!! waiting on OSU, but it won't matter, cuz i'll be in my friggin' car driving home through the night (thursday night/friday morning) from hanover NH. as soon as i get home (~6:30-7:30AM), i'll either be driving straight back up to school for biochem or just passing-the-hell-out and sleeping for the next 12 hours!

i'm a prototype pre-med, though, so i guess the smart money is on a red-eye drive to biochem. damn my ludicrous sense of responsibility!!! :smuggrin: when will i learn?!?!

Wow, you're driving to Dartmouth?! Well, I guess since there is no convenient way to fly there ... ;) Good luck!

UCLAstudent said:
Wow, you're driving to Dartmouth?! Well, I guess since there is no convenient way to fly there ... ;) Good luck!
yeah, that's what everyone says :laugh:

the problem was that, the latest flights out of hanover or manchester on my interview day (thurs) were at 4:20. there's no way i could make it there in time, so i'd have to stay an extra night in a hotel room, pay for more meals, and pay for a round trip flight (about $600-750 minimum, in all) just to get home later than i would by driving. i can afford to miss a night's sleep, but i can't afford the alternative.

pretty crazy, huh? :thumbdown:

Man, it'd be nice to hear from Baylor on 10/15. :)

Waiting on Case, but not on 10/15...they say November :p

ut_stephen said:
Man, it'd be nice to hear from Baylor on 10/15. :)

that is the biggest understatement i've heard all day. :)
it would be very x 10^ infinity nice to hear from them or some other school!
:luck:

also baylor, but im not holding my breath.. especially since im out of state heh..

Crossing my fingers and my pee-pee for a letter from Temple around the 15th!! :luck: :luck:

adamj61 said:
WI mails out the day of the 15th...so inter city mail, I am guessing 3 days :laugh:

:confused: Hey, just curious, how do you know that UW-Madison mails out their letters the day of the 15th? On interview day, they told us 3-4 weeks if our apps are complete, and didn't say anything about the 15th. But I haven't heard yet, and am going to be out of town from the 15-19 (bad vacation timing), so I won't be able to check my mail :eek: ! Anyone know if it's a thick or thin envelope? This waiting is driving me crazy. I've become obsessive about checking the mail. :oops:

In past years, NJMS kids got a call on the 15th.....

NJMS... please call me!!!! :scared: