Whose going to MCW or UVM for SURE ????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altaskier

Altaholics Anonymous 92'
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any future UVM'ers or MCW'ers?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm definitely going to MCW :clap: :D

I am absolutely going to UVM!

Members don't see this ad :)
I will almost certainly be going to MCW next August, unless Minnesota pulls me off the waitlist, but that won't happen, so I'll be in Milwaukee probably pretty much for sure.

Just wanted to say congrats and welcome to all of the futrure MCW students. Its an great school and I have enjoyed my time here greatly (with a few exceptions, i.e. test weeks, OB/GYN call). I wish you the best. Take advantage of the great teachers, such as Dr. Kolesari and Dr. Wagner in anatomy. Study your butt off for biochem b/c its a bitch. Take advantage of old tests, they will help you a lot. We have an awesome pharm class, possibly the best class in pre-clinicals in my opinion. And another tip (I'm sure you won't remember this): Take the clinical human anatomy course offered in 4th year, its a great review and a great schedule. Good luck. I'm outta here in 52 days!

As of now, I am UVM bound. I can't wait to sharpen up my edges and get into some serious ice-skiing.

I'm stoked!

Yeh I know what you mean OSKI. I too might have to change the tune on my skis for that well known ICE SKIING in the east. If I decide to go to UVM, I'm gotta say goodbye to the powder and hello to the ice.

"You may get me out of the powder, but you'll never get the powder out of me"

Stowe ain't Alta, but when you're in med school and you only have a few hours to spare and there are several ski areas within an hour's drive...Is there a better way to blow off some steam?

I talked to some students who said they were getting 20-30 days in a years...That's pretty good for being in med school...

Also, there is a lot of vacation time in med school...Ample time to head out West for the good stuff after training on the Eastern ice...They say the ice makes you a better technical skier...

Plus when you're old, you can talk about how bad a$$ you were at Stowe, Mad River Glen, and Smuggler's Notch

I haven't decided if I'm going yet, but if I do, I will defintely keep your contact info around. I know this doesn't answer your question, but could you tell me how your first year in MCW is? Is it crazy right off the bat?