WHY A URM (or any other contraversial topic) thread can never exsist here on SDN

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by christian15213, Mar 5, 2007.

?

Do you agree that there are people who destroy threads on purpose and to what...

1. Yes, and they do it on purpose and is IMO viewed as racist and or insensitive

37.9%
  2. Yes, they do it but probably in good ole fun

23.0%
  3. Not really, I don't think are as malicious their being made out to be

29.9%
  4. NO, absolutely not... Derailers??? where?

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christian15213

christian15213 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Medical
    This is the recipe for disaster when talking about any URM thread here on SDN... First, an OP might or MIGHT not bring up some good point or valid topic to discuss regarding a certain issue. lots of people chime in and make comments... It doesn't even matter if they agree or disagree... that is the spirit of the debate... In fact, playing devil's advocate is great by me... NO problem.

But then, the usual suspects come and make uneccessary comment after uneccassary comment about nothing to do with the original topic...

What is more amazing is the fact that the moderators don't see what is happening... Yea it is amusing to the tee to see a thread and step in and say... OOOOhhahahah duhhoooo this is going to be closed quick... Don't think it will last a page or two Durrrrhhha dohhhh.... but the reality is of course it won't...

The people who aim to destroy it do... They come in make there comments get a fight started and the thread closed. It is a shame because as a minority we know this is done on purpose and we know that the people doing it are wrong... but what is more sad is the fact that the moderators aren't seeing it and let it continue...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PZMO

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    whats sad is that you don't seem to exist outside of your URM status/opinions. Do you ever have anything else to say?

4. christian15213

Removed

Pre-Medical
    :idea:

5. notdeadyet

notdeadyet Still in California
    Moderator 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Agreed.

Christian, of the last six threads you started in Pre-Allo, four were obvious stirring-of-the-pot controversy-for-its-own sake and three ended up getting locked. Enough, dude...

6. christian15213

Removed

Pre-Medical
    no You're wrong... SHOW ME>>> show me my last six threads that were about stirring up contraversy... did you even read what the last thread was about?

SEE this is what I am talking about...

7. armybound

armybound urologist.
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    the white man's out to get you, better run & hide.

ibtl

and yes, I think people derail them, but probably not simply for the sake of derailing them. a lot of it probably comes from hostility towards people who are naturally born with an advantage that requires no effort on their own behalf.

8. christian15213

Removed

Pre-Medical
    lol, yea... or the later

9. Droopy Snoopy

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh good God man give it a rest. There have been plenty of URM threads on SDN. Those threads are successful because they're populated by genuine, well-spoken URMs like DoctaJay and gostudy. I think a lot of people on here believe you are an uneducated 35 year white man who likes to troll around here getting people riled up, but even if that were not so your writing style, grammar, sentence structure and presentation all suck, you don't contribute anything, and it's just all so boring after awhile. Use SDN as a modest informational resource, a chance to kick back and relax, or to vent a little about your professors or general life stresses. If you take it so seriously, and let things get to you, people are gonna pick up on that and give you hell. And you're gonna get banned before too much longer. In before the lock,

Tic
    +pad+

10. pennybridge

pennybridge Membership Revoked
    Removed

"latter"

use proper english to sound more white, will come in handy if you ever want to join a country club.

11. Doctor~Detroit

Doctor~Detroit this poll sux!!!
    2+ Year Member

on your last thread, i and several others were pointing out faulty assumptions on your part about how urm status functions in the admissions process, and you just kept on responding that that wasn't the point of the thread. then you started calliing people racists for disagreeing with those assumptions. then after you said some really stupid stuff we pointed out that it was stupid stuff and stopped taking the thread seriously. i don't know if it's logically possible to "derail" a stupid thread.

12. Instatewaiter

Instatewaiter But... there's a troponin
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    dumbest thread ever.

13. Pancho Villa

Pancho Villa Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

i love you, christian15213.

14. Tired Pigeon

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    OP, I have participated in a number of interesting and thought-provoking URM-related threads here on SDN. Contrary to your assertions, these threads don't always get derailed by people just looking to stir the pot. I don't agree with everything I read, of course, but I have a lot of respect for the well-thought-out opinions of a lot of the members here. Unfortunately, this group does not include you.:smuggrin:

15. xylem29

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    In before it's closed too!:)

From the very first thread this guy has ever posted to this one - the maturity that is displayed by his threads and posts make me wonder about the guy's real identity. Because I have seen his myspace and he doesn't appear to be someone who is THAT immature and clueless...but on here, holy smokes, I'm suprised he actually attends university.

16. spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yeah, I know what you mean. You know, I don't want to make slams about a member's character, but I think the OP sometimes makes no sense to me, per my own observations. I'm not sure whether this is intentional, or not. In any case, it's probably irrelevant and not worth placing too much energy on. There's no point in dwelling over cyberspace arguments and personas when there are real issues to attend to. *shrug*

17. baylormed

baylormed On the Search
    5+ Year Member

Post Doc
    This OP has a long history of making threads (many, many of them) that make no sense and are usually about AA, URMs, or other controversial topics.

He said somewhere else that he's 26, but to tell you the truth either he's a very immature 26-year old (come on, his writing skills are awful and nothing he writes makes any sense, no punctuation marks, no capitalization, not even a thread of logic) or he's lying about his identity. Either way, it's annoying.

18. Vvandenn

Vvandenn Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It puts the lotion on its skin.

19. EmbellisMaVie

EmbellisMaVie Cynical Idealist
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm sorry... I have very little to say on the topic of URM threads. I make it a point to stay away from them. I will say, however, that I think it's possible to have a rational, intelligent conversation about URMs, but that it very rarely happens in this sort of an environment. Oftentimes, it's just too controversial and too emotionally-charged a topic to be sustained beyond a few reasonable posts... even without people deliberately trying to provoke controversy by making inflammatory threads (not accusing the OP here, but it does happen quite a bit on SDN).

But whatever. What I really meant to talk about in this post was that I'm shocked no one's commented on the atrocious grammar in that poll up there. I'm not even sure how to answer appropriately without cringing.

20. spicedmanna

Attending Physician
    Unfortunately, I think it's the OP's usual style; just look at some of his posts.

21. EmbellisMaVie

EmbellisMaVie Cynical Idealist
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I can't; my eyes start to well up and I can't read properly because my soul is crying too much. ;)

22. spicedmanna

Attending Physician
    :laugh:

23. ndteej

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    christian, it's alarming that some day you might become a doctor.

24. IceMan0824

IceMan0824 Holy crip, he's a crapple
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    A wise man once told me not to argue with a fool, because from a distance, no one can tell the difference.

25. PZMO

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    :thumbup:

Christian, your grammar makes your already annoying posts intolerable. If you want your content to be taken seriously, try writing like you're educated.

26. DoctaJay

DoctaJay bone breaker
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Did you mean URM threads or URMs? Well I hate you too! Lol, j/k. (we might as well start up some argument).

27. 63768

63768 Guest
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    please stop. who cares about URMs? you guys get all the benefits and still you're complaining? how spoiled are you?

and before you think anything, i have nothing against URM status nor do i resent you for the benefits you receive. but come on, you win and you still complain. what is your problem?

28. MirrorTodd

MirrorTodd It's a gas.
    Physician 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Well, there's a way to stir the pot. :laugh:

29. christian15213

Removed

Pre-Medical
    What truly amazes me is that the grammar people... LOL, I love them the most. I am writing with my index finger and thumb from my PDA cell phone. YOU have got to be kidding me. I could care less about grammar or spelling. I am not a journalist nor will I plan on writting for a newspaper one day.

When my phone gets spell checker I will be sure to use it...

What is sad is that when people truly don't have anything really to say... the result to a person's grammar or punctuation...

What cares...

Again, it is hillarious that instead of people talking about the issue or admiting that people on this Forum are obviously racist in their thoughts and views and simply try to derail any good topic or conversation that might come up because they simply disagree or like I said... ARE RACIST.

for a lot of us that are URM's and need information or would like to be apart of the community of medicine in some way shape or form here on SDN it can't be accomplished.

I wrote a thread that said "FOR URM's ONLY" now, lots of non-URM's came into the thread and offered awesome informational advice. Those post's are welcome... On the contrary... other's came into the room and started ranting about silly crap.

what do you mean not AA... what do you mean 100% AA what does that mean... why not? I mean anyone could see that the only reason why it was said was because of how obvious it is that if one is AA you don't really need anything to prove or explain it. but, nevertheless, people still posted it to stir up the POT...

p>S> ths nxt prt is 4 u. I culd msspel evry wrd heer n u wuld stll knw wht it ws Iwas tryng to sy! in fct Iculd go onn n onn 4 lke 2 oor 3 paragrphs n evryone heer reeding ths thrd / pst wuld comprhnd wht waas gning on.

:laugh: :laugh:

****The power of suggestion is pretty powerful huh?

30. future_dr_house

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The grammar police hath spoken. Seriously, we will all take your thoughts more seriously if you thought out your paragraphs and sentences just a little bit more. What's...with...all...those...ellipses?

FTR, I agree with yourmom. Quit griping, you've won already.

31. Pancho Villa

Pancho Villa Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

what's the point of having spellcheck if your brain can't organize words into coherent statements, as our beloved OP has demonstrated in this post?

32. DoctaJay

DoctaJay bone breaker
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    In all seriousness though (for once in this thread); stop thinking that being a URM is roses. If you want the benefits, take the downsides too. When you have personally been followed in perfume stores in Manhatten like Sephora's, then you can complain. When you have been pulled over on Saturday nights because you drive something other than a '72 chevy, then you can complain. When all of your schools don't measure up to the national standard, then you can complain. Until then, be thankful for piece of mind that comes from not being black.

33. christian15213

Removed

Pre-Medical
    That is the problem Doc... They can't comprehend things as such... LOL, URM's get everything huh... AA doctors everywhere HUH... didnt' see too many at my medschool or other medschools... but funny enough we are getting everything...

34. eternalrage

eternalrage Even Kal has bad days...
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  35. eternalrage

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh dear... I'm sorry I thought I was in the Official SDN Vida Guerra thread.

My mistake.

Well as long as I'm here...

36. eternalrage

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    NOW THATS AN URM THAT I WOULDNT MIND hAVING OVERREPRESENTED ON MY LAP!!

Despite the camera angles, she is fully dressed in each pic. Relax, mods.

37. eternalrage

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I realized I was discriminating against the ladies with those. Ok I'm going to try my best to rectify that. I've never gone hunting for hot guy pics, here's my first try:

[​IMG]

38. eternalrage

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Look at ol beefcake
    [​IMG]

39. eternalrage

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  40. Metatemujin

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I don't like her face, and I am a face person, so EWHHHHHH.

41. eternalrage

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Look at this bad boy
    [​IMG]

42. MirrorTodd

MirrorTodd It's a gas.

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Online five! *snaps fingers* Oh yeah!

43. eternalrage

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sorry ladies I couldn't help it:
    [​IMG]

44. eternalrage

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm sorry, I seem to have derailed the thread with pics of hot white men. Ok ok, going back to URMs. HOW ABOUT SOME KOREAN CHICKS!

[​IMG]

45. eternalrage

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  46. eternalrage

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    YoOOOOWWWZAAAA!!!
    [​IMG]

47. eternalrage

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    This one is totally smoking...
    [​IMG]

48. MirrorTodd

MirrorTodd It's a gas.

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Kristen Kruek? It's been so long, I can't remember.

49. eternalrage

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Nope, that's some random korean model, dunno her name.

50. eternalrage

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Kristen Kreuk would be the following (hot damn, can't beat those eyes, they're sooooo deep)

[​IMG]

51. arsenewenger

2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    After checking your MDapps page, i can totally understand why you are mad at URMs. Obviously, URMs don't cheat during college exams!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.