why am i not getting secondaries??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilubse7en

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so, i turned in my app on june 26, got verified on july 27.
after getting verified, i found out my email address was outdated,
so i emailed all of the schools i applied and so far Tuft, U of Buffalo, Columbia, UCSD, and u of illinois replied and sent me sec app.
But other than those schools, i have not recieved any sec app, what should i do? is this normal? don't people usually recieve bunch of sec app right after verfication?

i am really worried... please help!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

check their websites
some schools have their secondary open to everyone

if not, call the admissions office. also make sure the email you gave them is spelled correctly and try checking your spam folder.

Depends what schools you have applied to. I recommend looking through the school specific threads and comparing when others were verified and if/when they have received secondaries.

I am still waiting on a couple of secondaries myself, its normal for some schools, particularly if you weren't verified until July 27th

Members don't see this ad :)
so, i turned in my app on june 26, got verified on july 27.
after getting verified, i found out my email address was outdated,

How?? It asks you like 10 times to verify your contact info for this reason.

Most schools (especially those that don't screen) have a computer system that is used to send out secondaries. Most likely they sent to the wrong email account.

At this point you have to contact each school and convince them to manually fix your mistake and send you a secondary. It is going to be a 1-by-1 process and probably slow and you may get some that ignore you :(

yes, i updated it right away, and i also emailed all the schools right after i realized the mistake, that is how i sec app from 7 schools, but so far no other schools have replied and i am starting to worry.
should i call them and ask them??

or is this normal, should i just relax??

or is this normal, should i just relax??

Yeah, relax and you are out of the game.

If I was you I will send an e-mail to the schools you applied that haven't send you a secondary and let them know about your situation.

Time is of the essence in this journey buddy

thanks, i will start emailing & calling them right away!!