Medical Why am I not receiving and interview invites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two cycles now and everything seems to be against my favor. Last year I got one MD II and right now I have 0 IIs but also 0 rejections. Both times I applied to 14 schools but this time around the school list was not top heavy, most are in fact below my stats such as TCU UNTHSC, Wayne State, etc. I have a 512 and a 3.9 and this post bacc program offered at Temple requires students to achieve a 3.6 in 23 credits of advanced science coursework and a 509. I submitted to 2 DO schools as well just a few weeks ago but haven't even received a secondary from either of them yet. My application was reviewed by many people including medical students who all loved it, even my interviewer really liked my activities. But that was also a late March interview so I wasn't expecting too much even if I did well
Your stats are not the reason you're not getting any love.

What are your ECs?

Where did you get your II? This hints at you NOT having a bad LOR, although you may have all "meh" LORs.

When were you complete this cycle?

This cycle has been very competitive, at least at my DO school. Right now we are only interviewing for the wait list, something that has never happened this early.

Members don't see this ad.

My ECS are 400 hours of clinical volunteering, 50 shadowing, 300 non clinical, 1000+ of leadership, and 400 of research. My interview was at USF Morsani, and I was complete early September this cycle since verification somehow took 2 whole months...
EC hours look fine.

No declining GPA trends? No IAs?

Rewrite all essays and have multiple eyeballs vet them.

What was your school list this cycle? State of residence??

GPA at end of junior year was a 3.97 and end of senior year was a 3.9 after getting my first 3 B's of my undergrad career. No IAs. FL resident, ORM male

School list: FIU, UMiami, UCF, UF, NSU, USF, Jefferson, NYMC, Drexel, Wayne State, TCU, Albany, GWU. Added KCU and NSUKPCOM recently
My notion is that you have some bad LORs and/or weak essays.

Very unfortunate if that's the case. Three of my letter writers know me very well from classes/research and stated they would write me strong letters of rec. However for one my science letters I didn't him know too well despite acing the course.

Also in my PS I talked about my skin disease that I am still suffering from. Despite having it since high school I still persevered so I thought it would be a good story to talk about. Maybe they don't want an already suffering person. I don't know
Wow...this is rough. Congrats on a strong application (numbers-wise). I agree with Goro that this may have something to do with your letters or secondaries. My advice (if you reapply) is to pull the letter from the person that doesn't know you too well and not use it. Also, I would add more DO schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.