Why are less people posting on SDN these days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalmagic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Obviously I don’t have solid proof, but I’ve gone through numerous School Specific threads from the past few years as well as the previous Interview/Acceptance threads and there seems to be a lot less people contributing and posting in the current threads.

Any thoughts on why this is? I have a few guesses but I’d like to hear your thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.

Some people (myself included) like anonymity. When I post on SDN, I typically am just trying to be constructive and add to conversation if I can. If it's something that requires additional information about myself, I PM people.

I reckon that I'm not alone in enjoying a degree of anonymity. The dental world is smaller than you might think it is.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't announce which schools gave me an interview when because I like to be anonymous.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't announce which schools gave me an interview when because I like to be anonymous.
just wondering how posting ur interview invites poses problems to ur anonymity ?

Reactions: 1 user
just wondering how posting ur interview invites poses problems to ur anonymity ?

Tbh I'm not worried about students finding my username. But I don't like the thought of admissions related people looking through my posts. If they just offered me an interview and they know my gpa..etc... it's easy to ID me. Now the chances of that happening is 0.000001% but what's the point?

Tbh I'm not worried about students finding my username. But I don't like the thought of admissions related people looking through my posts. If they just offered me an interview and they know my gpa..etc... it's easy to ID me. Now the chances of that happening is 0.000001% but what's the point?
oh okay, i get it. well that can be said for any social media site, especially ones where we use our names (like fcb). I guess thats why we're told to always be careful of what we post :bag: Hopefully the ad com. doesn't have that much time on their hands to google us all hahaha

Reactions: 1 user