SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Why are people so quick to want to retake?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by blasterx, May 5, 2007.

1. blasterx

blasterx 2+ Year Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I don't get it. The MCAT kids aren't so quick to want to retake. Why are pre-dents?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Prosthoman

Prosthoman Banned Banned

May 29, 2006
    I think, from my experience, these board stuff is easy to forget, so the fresher these materials in your brain, it is easier to take the exam. Trust me, most of the questions in DAT or MCAt or board exams, you are not gonna see them anymore. you forget them within 2 months. correct me if I am wrong.

4. DailyDrivenTJ

DailyDrivenTJ 2+ Year Member

Mar 20, 2007
    I think it is because DAT is not just testing how smart you are. I think it puts more emphasis on how much you studied and retained. IMO, a "good" score can be accomplished by anyone with a good discipline.

5. ATLATLATL

ATLATLATL 2+ Year Member

Jan 9, 2007
    nicely put...even though i keep on thinking that it's testing my level of intelligence...eekkk...i need to STOP with that!

6. Lonely Sol

Lonely Sol cowgoesmoo fan! 10+ Year Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I decided to retake because I wasnt satisified with my 21/19/20. My math score was 17 and i know I can do better than that and also RC, just need to practice my butt off in that. Its better to know that you need to retake now because you still have time before application rather than waiting and let schools tell you that!!

Just my $0.02

7. ATLATLATL

ATLATLATL 2+ Year Member

Jan 9, 2007
    conner so jao....u just got home from the club and now ur on SDN:laugh:...i know man it's ADDICTINGGGGGG:eek:
    lol okie KH

8. styler5555

styler5555 2+ Year Member

Dec 19, 2006
    i would think its mostly because the MCAT is only offered a few times a year, whereas the DAT can be taken within another 90 days (don't quote me on the exact time between tests)

9. blasterx

blasterx 2+ Year Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Since they switched to computer format, the MCAT is now offered once or twice a month. I'm not sure how often you can take it, though.

10. DDSY

DDSY Bright Lights at Night 7+ Year Member

Sep 1, 2006
    United States
    All the reasons above, namely that the MCAT is more of a thinking exam. In addition it is much, much longer exam, tests your endurance and is offered less frequently. Verbal is much harder, physics is tested and there is a writing portion (not counted as much as the other sections, though).

11. blasterx

blasterx 2+ Year Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Actually, the MCAT isn't much longer than the DAT now that it has switched over to the computerized version. I believe it is 5:30. The DAT is only what, 30-45 mins shorter?

12. DDSY

DDSY Bright Lights at Night 7+ Year Member

Sep 1, 2006
    United States
    You're right. I was thinking about the MCAT of a few years ago. :cool: