Why are so many pre-meds obnoxious tools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My favorite are premeds who argue over a single point, or some other meaningless small amount of credit, on a test or homework. "This 94 is not good enore traits to characterize advanced on-set Premed Syndrome?ugh, I demand a 95!"

heh.... heh...:D

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else wanna add more traits to characterize advanced on-set Premed Syndrome?

The people who make announcements in the beginning of class about:
A. Some pre-med brigade to South America
B. The bio/pre-med/whatever honor society meeting
C. A new lecture series they founded that we should all go to.

The people who shout out the answer to every single question in class, including hypotheticals.

The people who line up eagerly for a brown-nosing session directly following or preceeding lecture.. Especially when you start to see the same person every day..

The people who ask meaningless questions so that they can make obscure and unrelated references to parts of the reading assignments that were not mentioned in lecture.

The people who correct the professor on obvious errors that everyone with a brain would notice...and then phrase it like they are asking a question. "Uh, it says Watson and Cick, do you mean Watson and Crick?" +pissed+

The girl who sits in front of me in physics and writes at least 10 pages of notes every day, even when I, as a avid notetaker myself, only take half a page.

Other pet-pieves not specifically related to pre-meds:

People with rolling backpacks that take up half the aisle.

Peope who "whisper" to one another during the whole class. Yes, we can hear you.

People with hundreds of those stupid key-chain/talisman/lucky charm things hanging all over their backpacks.

People who bring laptops to class, sit in the front row, and then play snood the whole time.

The people who start eagerly packing up their notes 5 minutes before lecture, because, for whatever reason, they need a 10 second head start to their next class. This is so rude, cut this **** out, seriously.

The people who shout out the answer to every single question in class, including hypotheticals.
The people who start eagerly packing up their notes 5 minutes before lecture, because, for whatever reason, they need a 10 second head start to their next class. This is so rude, cut this **** out, seriously.
I so want to be that person just for spite. I hate people with questions that have obvious answers. (ppt says organelle are enclosed in a membrane) "Professor, what are the organelle surrounded by?"
And that second one, makes me want to go Drill Sergeant on everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
The people who make announcements in the beginning of class about:
A. Some pre-med brigade to South America
B. The bio/pre-med/whatever honor society meeting
C. A new lecture series they founded that we should all go to.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Obnoxious: We don't go outside. We have no motor skills, no depth perception past a few inches....

Hey, I resemble that remark! *Pushes glasses up*

Aren't you a little ray of sunshine? :laugh:

Yay sunshine!

Worse then the laptops, people who bring a PDA with attached, foldable keyboard to class to take notes.:laugh:

Also....

People who purposely act dumb about every ****in thing because they think they are too "cool" to be smart in chemistry.

People wit so many books they carry them in the rolling luggage cases.

I actually seen little elementary school kids wit these, American truly is getting fat and lazy.

This was me.. in a hurry to get to my wonderful power naps.. yea im fat and lazy too.

We have a pre-med fraternity at my school. They come to classes every once in a while wearing scrubs. It makes me want to punch 'em in the kidney. Tools.

Okay I come to lectures occasionally in scrubs because I have to go straight to work. There are legitimate reasons for doing that. But on the whole, no those people are just tools.

OP, why do you care about pre-meds if you are a 3rd year dental student? Just wondering

Members don't see this ad :)
Geez, it's ******ed to assume that everyone who "rushes" the professor after lecture is there to kiss some ass. Some of us just aren't geniuses like the rest of the class and rather than ask a stupid question during lecture (like some tools do just for the attention), we wait till class is over.

Okay I come to lectures occasionally in scrubs because I have to go straight to work. There are legitimate reasons for doing that. But on the whole, no those people are just tools.
:rolleyes: You're obviously an obnoxious pre-med tool if you wear scrubs at work. Why can't you wear business attire like the rest of us?

One non-trad pre-med wore scrubs to every Kaplan class and every practice test. Only on test day did she not wear scrubs

What did that nail ever do to you for you to hit it on the head so hard? :smuggrin:

I think the OP just had a few pre-meds shadow the attending and was vying for attention. Since he's trying to be the youngest cardiothoracic surgeon on the eastern seaboard, this cramps his style.

One non-trad pre-med wore scrubs to every Kaplan class and every practice test. Only on test day did she not wear scrubs

Did it occur to you that since she was non-trad and coming from a previous workforce that perhaps she was a medical assistant or something similar and came to class straight from work?

Did it occur to you that since she was non-trad and coming from a previous workforce that perhaps she was a medical assistant or something similar and came to class straight from work?

Nothing occurs to premeds -- they think they know it all. Then they get to med school and learn they really know nothing.:)

'Cause their buttocks are clenched and welded shut. Oh yeah, some also have their head in it.

Point is case: my buttocks is clenched like Renee Zelwigger's face.

:laugh: :thumbup:
This is the funniest post since.... the last funniest post.

Nothing occurs to premeds -- they think they know it all. Then they get to med school and learn they really know nothing.:)

Amen to that. When on surgery, you will really learn quickly how much you don't know.

OP, why do you care about pre-meds if you are a 3rd year dental student? Just wondering

I dunno. I've just encountered a lot of pre-meds in my lifetime, and I keep on encountering them, and it always bothers me.

I dunno. I've just encountered a lot of pre-meds in my lifetime, and I keep on encountering them, and it always bothers me.

admit it, its because since dental school is so easy and leaves no challege to any person whatsoever he has to make up for insecurities by picking on pre-meds who's are the rightfully self-ordained centers of the universe.

See, now that its out there, the healing begins

:D

admit it, its because since dental school is so easy and leaves no challege to any person whatsoever he has to make up for insecurities by picking on pre-meds who's are the rightfully self-ordained centers of the universe.

See, now that its out there, the healing begins

:D

:laugh:

Oh, I hate this too! :mad:
They'll do it real quick too. So those of use who need a second more to process things get the ending spoiled.
Today I was happy with myself though because the usual Mr. Answerkey shouted out the wrong answer and I followed up with the right one. I wanted to stick my tongue out at him, but thought it would be childish. :smuggrin:

The people who line up eagerly for a brown-nosing session directly following or preceeding lecture.. Especially when you start to see the same person every day..

...and they have to stand just right so that you loudly need to say "excuse me" so you can leave.

The people who ask meaningless questions so that they can make obscure and unrelated references to parts of the reading assignments that were not mentioned in lecture.

That happened today in my anthropology class. :rolleyes:

The girl who sits in front of me in physics and writes at least 10 pages of notes every day, even when I, as a avid notetaker myself, only take half a page.

:eek:
I take lots of notes. Usually, it'll be what was on the board then, if I can, I'll quickly jot it down in my own words. With any math, I'll have arrows and things drawn all over the place linked to bubbles with little blurbs in them. If not, I go back to my notes and go :confused:

People who bring laptops to class, sit in the front row, and then play snood the whole time.

This is annoying. I get distracted by constant scrolling and flashing of screens. It's worse in my bio class since the prof does power points and turns the lights off.
I have a lap top I bring, but I'm doing notes on it.

I hate this because it's distracting when I'm trying to concentrate. Then, my hearing isn't the best so all the noise makes it hard.

SensAsian said:
People wit so many books they carry them in the rolling luggage cases.

I actually seen little elementary school kids wit these, American truly is getting fat and lazy.

Give us rollie pollies a break! I'm old and also injured my back years back so carrying all of my books (I'm on campus all day) in a regular back pack on my back would *kill* me. +pity+

Okay, so I have a percentage of premed toolness with my note taking, competitivness and rollie pollie backpack (but it has inline skate wheels and is very quiet!) :(
I never claimed to be cool. :laugh:

If you want to see the richness of tools in medicine, read the looooong interview disasters thread. The behavior of a lot of those academic types is loopy, to say the least.

adcomm is right on the money - theyre expoiting a listening ear

ps- chess mess, are those husky puppies in your avatar? so in love!

Zoom-Zoom said:
The people who start eagerly packing up their notes 5 minutes before lecture, because, for whatever reason, they need a 10 second head start to their next class.

Dude! Some people actually have places to be when classes end.

Dude! Some people actually have places to be when classes end.

I tend to do that when my next class is very far away from the building I'm in. A 30seconds-1minute delay (I don't pack in 10 seconds, mind you) might not seem like a big deal, but I've found that when I wait I'm late for the next class. When I pack early I'm on time.

I have no idea why that small time frame makes such a big difference but IT DOES!!!:thumbup:

Either way, I agree with Rafa. :love: