Why are some people so annoying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Street Philosopher

freebird
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm at office hours trying to cram for my final. People are in there wasting time!!!!!!! They're like, "hypothetically, suppose my ass wasn't as big and there was no gravity on earth, would the sky still be blue?" "hypothetically, if I wasn't such a kiss ass, and a tree fell in a forest but I wasn't there to hear it, would it still make a sound?"

Stupid questions like this (you know what I mean), and the professor goes, "I don't know."

And then the stupid kids ask, "well what if F=ma wasn't true and I wasn't on my knees Bill Clinton style, would the sky still be blue then?"

To which the professor says "I don't know. I really don't know." Trying to be polite.

OMG!!!!!!!! Why are people like this? If they want to do philosophy, why don't they enroll in philosophy courses? They are seriously wasting time mentally masturbating while I'm there trying to get questions answered for my science class! IDIOTS!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To be fair, some people aren't sure exactly how to get letters of rec. They don't ever have real questions and they know they have to go to office hours anyways to get those letters. I'm sorry you're suffering from it, but blame the system that requires letters from professors who teach 400 students in one class.

Reactions: 1 users
that's true. but my professor has office hours 7-9 in the morning, in addition to the ones during the afternoon. If they REALLY wanted those rec letters, they'd get up in the morning and go to THOSE office hours and waste time instead of hijacking a time set aside for learning the material. this nonsense goes on during discussion sections as well. This is so irritating. I feel like I need to stand up and announce to the class "can you please shut the hell up with your transparent BS?"

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe they actually believe it is material that is important for the exam.

Originally posted by none:
•To be fair, some people aren't sure exactly how to get letters of rec. They don't ever have real questions and they know they have to go to office hours anyways to get those letters. I'm sorry you're suffering from it, but blame the system that requires letters from professors who teach 400 students in one class.•••

Jeebuz! Why are you always the first to post something so blah! The dude is just trying to vent a little...let him do it...Pat him on the back and say, "It's ok, when they are seeing the psychiatrist b/c of the permanent brown stain on their noses, you will be driving your nice new acura."
I think we have all seen these people. They are the same students who need to feel important or need to feel smart by stumping the professor or just plain shouldn't be wasting time by opening their mouths. Yes, I agree...very annoying
Oh, I love the comment about if my ass weren't so big and there were no gravity would the sky be blue! haha...friggin hilarious man! I luv it!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

On the subject of annoying people...I went to Wal-Mart a day or two after Thanksgiving. Yes I know, I deserve to wade through a billion people, but I waited until late evening to go, thinking it would die down. Big mistake! No one would move out of the way for you to get through, they were all stopped dead in the aisles, they all had severe BO, and me saying "excuse me" only jarred about 2 people to move out of the way so I could get through. By the end of the day I was wanting to scream! Then I realized that I am about to devote 30 or so years to helping these very same people.... :rolleyes:

KyGirl,

I know EXACTLY what you mean.. I was shopping with my girlfriend in NYC starting at 7am when the stores open, and the store was pretty much empty of their sales items 15 minutes into the store opening. People there were just ill-mannered and uncooperative. But then again, this is New York City we are talking about.. :rolleyes:
At least I managed to buy a present for my gf's birthday. :cool:

Here's an example of how well-meaning people can annoy the $#-t out of you.. When I came back to Boston after Thanksgiving break, I took the Amtrak and ended up on the train for 14 hours instead of the 7 it takes to go from B-more to Boston. Why? Because a Conrail train (no passengers or hazardous cargo) derailed outside of NYC and all the trains had to be pulled out of Penn Station by a diesel car since the electrical wires were shot to hell. So to make a long story short, I ended up sitting in Penn Station for 3 hours, in the middle of the Bronx on the train for an hour, and just outside of Penn Station on the train for an hour, and didn't get back to Boston until 4:30 am. I then sleep for about 2 hours and wake up in the morning for class feeling like I have been hit by a truck. One of the girls in the dorm bathroom asks how my break was and I told her it was great except for my ordeal on the train. But after hearing about my sleep deprivation and knowing that like all the other passengers I am quite irate at Amtrak she says in this overly perky-werky voice, "Well at least you got back Ok, right?!" I suppose I wouldn't have been so irritated if I hadn't ended up dehydrated and puking from the train ride and had to go to the ER later that day. Oh, the ER was annoying too, they wanted to run a urine pregnancy test on me even though I was having a heavy/normal period that day and had not had sex in months. I found out from the PA on staff that the pregnancy tests are so routine that they run them on 70-year-old ladies with hysterectomies! Now THAT is truly annoying, what a waste of taxpayer money and the elderly ladies' time! I guess I'm just an irritable old goat these days.. :)

Well, this thread has strayed away from the pre-allopathic trend, and that is just annoying enough to send it to the Lounge. ;)

Some people are just dumb. You have to realize that 50 percent of the population has below average intelligence.

Reactions: 2 users
Some people are just dumb. You have to realize that 50 percent of the population has below average intelligence.

It's like you're bumping these threads on purpose. Note to OP: avoid the 'Similar Threads' box below your text box!

Members don't see this ad :)
If a tree falls in the forest, does your ass remain large enough to define the escape speed of an unladen swallow?

Ok I'm at office hours trying to cram for my final. People are in there wasting time!!!!!!! They're like, "hypothetically, suppose my ass wasn't as big and there was no gravity on earth, would the sky still be blue?" "hypothetically, if I wasn't such a kiss ass, and a tree fell in a forest but I wasn't there to hear it, would it still make a sound?"

Stupid questions like this (you know what I mean), and the professor goes, "I don't know."

And then the stupid kids ask, "well what if F=ma wasn't true and I wasn't on my knees Bill Clinton style, would the sky still be blue then?"

To which the professor says "I don't know. I really don't know." Trying to be polite.

OMG!!!!!!!! Why are people like this? If they want to do philosophy, why don't they enroll in philosophy courses? They are seriously wasting time mentally masturbating while I'm there trying to get questions answered for my science class! IDIOTS!

i agree so much. they are one of the most annoying parts of premed crowd alongside those who moan about how hard the exams are and they failed and end up with A+s. It's like "**** off, you have no idea what struggling in a subject and succeeding in spite of all odds is and you've probably never encountered any adversity in your life".

the irony.

This thread is about annoying people, and yet @goft20 is being really annoying by bumping this useless thread.

lol!

i agree so much. they are one of the most annoying parts of premed crowd alongside those who moan about how hard the exams are and they failed and end up with A+s. It's like "**** off, you have no idea what struggling in a subject and succeeding in spite of all odds is and you've probably never encountered any adversity in your life".

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

the irony.

This thread is about annoying people, and yet @goft20 is being really annoying by bumping this useless thread.

lol!
Shut up you fish stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I literally choked on my drink when I realized this thread was from 2001.

don't think OP will see your response...

People were so more real back in 2001...

Theses threads always make me want to find out how the lives of those 10+ years posters unfolded/whether they got into med school.

10 years from now, somebody will bump a thread with "Obamacare" in it.

Woah
This thread got meta

Status
Not open for further replies.