1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Why are some people so SNOTTY??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BlackPuma, Dec 9, 2001.

1. so I go to this interview...and this girl is blabbing about her this interview, that interview...I'm chatting with the rest of the interviewees, and then she starts a conversation where she wants to know who got what interview, and what acceptances...so she goes around, asks everyone and then she comes to me...

so I say, I got 3 acceptances...and she says, oh "Only 3? which ones are they, if you dont mind me asking?"

So I name them and one of them is like a no-name school, and she is like "Which school, is that, really, I've never heard of it? Is that an ostheopathic school?" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

and then I'm like, so which schools have you interviewed, and gotten accepted...and she is like...."every school except harvard and columbia I'm still waiting to hear my acceptances for those school..."

so I'm like whatever...and then I was like, so what is your top "choice"? SIGH...I wish I didn't

she was like "Umm...I dont know so hard...colubmia, cornell, or Yale..they are like so kewl, but like cornell had better view of the city?" I WAS LIKE WHATEVER...shup tup B!tch...SIGH...why are some people so anal, and snottty...what I found really offensie was that some people in our group didnt have any previous interviewers and no acceptances...she was clearly making other pple feel bad....(me not included, because I didnt apply to yale, harvard, and I honestly careless about cornell or columbia)...but I mean hello, why should a person be so snobish to put other pple down...

I tried like comforting everyone, and I said.."well you know, I personally got lucky because I turned in everything really earlier like in June, and secondaries like in July (I lied I turned them in august)....and that with the AMCAS thing, lots of pple's files have been delayed"...

I said this to make other pple feel better, and I saw smiles in their faces... :D

and then I wasn't expecting this, this b!tch said "Oh dont worry, I'm sure you will hear from cornell and columbia too!!!" SIGGGGGGGGGGGGH :rolleyes:

WHATEVER

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jmejia1

jmejia1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

It's hard to believe that there are people like that, especially at this stage. Obviously she tones herself down to not sound so pretensious that she has acceptances (at least as she says) and again brings to mind the efficiancy of interviews.

4. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

what school was she from? that can be a cool sore spot that she might feel have had to overcompensate for. she couldn't have been that great, though; only a few of the really really good schools have started accepting people already, so she really didn't have much to brag about. also, what school were you interviewing for? the interviewees i've met at schools have been pretty cool so far (i hope that doesn't mean i was the ass!).

-seriously, if someone does that at an interview again, lie. start talking lots of absurdly ridiculous smack. so ridiculous that everyone else in the room knows you're lying. like that you've been published in blah, spent time in blah, been accepted to blah, your uncle is head of admissions in blah, are starring in the next star wars movie, then when she leaves the room, you can tell everyone else the truth and make fun of her to everyone else. if that doesn't work, you can confront her in front of everyone else and be like "hey bitch, why are you such a bitch?" and everyone around you will be like "yeah!" i've done both of these tricks in other situations and found it made me the social king of the group.

she's asking for it man, just give it to her next time.

5. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

It's apparent this girl was displaying the primary signs of PMARS.

Pre-medical Anal Retentive Syndrome.

As of now, there's only one solution to PMARS. Put the person in their place. I'm also interested in which school this was. All the interviewers I've seen have been really cool, laid back people. It makes me wonder where all the obsessive compulsive types that dominate the pre-medical classes went. Perhaps everyone is just being fake, I dunno. Yeah, I agree with choker. Just start talking smack. I mean, lay it on real thick. It's fun. That's what I would do in that situation anyway.

6. HairlessHeart

HairlessHeart Member
    7+ Year Member

Like jmejia1 hinted at: it makes me ill that people like this are actually offered acceptances at such seemingly "wonderful" schools. How could this attitude not be exposed in an interview??

7. LizardKing

LizardKing Veteran Member
    7+ Year Member

You gotta love people like that. She's flat-out LYING about her acceptances. Just mind-games, man. Don't let her f*ck with your brain. Whoever she is, I bet she ain't gettin' in anywhere, and is trying to overcompensate by putting other people down.

8. EC

EC

Hi Watchamacallit,

She might get into great schools, but if her personality remains so arrogant and annoying and she's always trying to one-up other people, she'll really suck as a physician.

9. alice

alice Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

cornell doesn't let anyone - ANYONE - know for sure before feb or march, whenever their big date is.

it would have been great to say something like that then and watch her turn beet red.

10. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Man, for her sake, she better hope she doesn't see me at any of her future interviews. I have no problem putting people like that in check. :D

I know others asked, but I'm curious too - what school were you interviewing at and what undergrad school was this girl from?

11. rikkitikki

rikkitikki Member
    10+ Year Member

maybe she was a plant to make it a stress interview- or someone's psychology experiment

12. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

A plant, eh? Wow, who would do something like that? As if this process's high stress levels (thanks, AMCAS) were not enough!

13. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior
    7+ Year Member

14. Barton

Barton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dude, I think I interviewed with this girl twice (or at least a carbon-copy of her). The girl I talked to went on and on about her nine (the first time, 14 the second time) interviews, and all her acceptances. This girl went to BU and was from Michigan. She got into Michigan but was super down on the midwest and couldn't stand to be away from the east coast. BIIIIIIIAAAAAATCH!!! Whew! Glad I got that off my chest. I didn't know other people had similar experiences. Keep yer heads up, y'all.

15. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

amazing story. watcha did handle it really well, much props for looking out for the others, man. That's what I'd hope a future physician would be like.

Original's sarcastic assault gets the silver
    choker's exaggerated accomplishments takes the bronze ;)

16. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I met a very similar female at one of my interviews. It was many of our first interviews, so we didn't know what to expect. We were sitting at lunch with current students and she starts complaining about her transcript. She told us that her major was one of the hardest at her schools and the profs gave out "C's" like nothing else. So she asks us if we had "C's" on our transcripts and said, "oh well, we can't all be perfect." Most of the applicants just kept quiet. Then she starts to talk about how she needed a calculator to add up her MCAT scores because the numbers were so big!

After that incident, she asked us why we were applying to that school. Two of us (me included) said we were interested in the school because it was in the same city as our significant others. She had the nerve to tell us that she could never base such a big decision on her boyfriend because she "hated him and couldn't wait to get away from him." She said that she hoped distance made her heart grow fonder of him!

Sadly, she didn't know that while the students have no direct decision on our admissions, they do have the right to talk to the committee about anything peculiar that happens at lunch.

17. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    People who brag in such a manner live with an enormous lack of self esteem. They are missing something in their personal lives and are trying to compensate for the emptiness in their so-called wonderful lives by taking others down a notch.

It is sad

18. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

That's great about needing a calculator to add up your MCAT scores! haha..Where is Watcha..let's see if this is the same girl. I think we all have these people that we meet at our interviews.

19. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

20. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

21. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

22. Slingblade the Surgeon

Slingblade the Surgeon Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Look at the big picture there doobymaflatchie, She was at the same place interviewing with you so she can't that much holier than thou, now can she?