Why Awesome Required Events Are Awesome

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acoustic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Running off the recent thread about required events and the idea that they're great, I thought I'd share an awesome required event that we had today.

First major pharm exam today and afterwards we had a required event where we were going to.... watch a video. Not only was it awesome to do something at school after a test that I could do on my own time, but the content was just super. It was a video about health disparities in our great nation.

Did you know that janitors and hospital workers like lab techs have MORE stressful jobs than doctors? Also, did you know that having a boss is stressful?

I bet you didn't know that stress leads to poorer health. Also, having less personal resources means you can buy less things, whether they're healthy or not!

Solution? Redistribute wealth, tax like crazy, and eliminate bosses! That is definitely worth the stated 4 year difference in life expectancy they cited.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Running off the recent thread about required events and the idea that they're great, I thought I'd share an awesome required event that we had today.

First major pharm exam today and afterwards we had a required event where we were going to.... watch a video. Not only was it awesome to do something at school after a test that I could do on my own time, but the content was just super. It was a video about health disparities in our great nation.

Did you know that janitors and hospital workers like lab techs have MORE stressful jobs than doctors? Also, did you know that having a boss is stressful?

I bet you didn't know that stress leads to poorer health. Also, having less personal resources means you can buy less things, whether they're healthy or not!

Solution? Redistribute wealth, tax like crazy, and eliminate bosses! That is definitely worth the stated 4 year difference in life expectancy they cited.

I pretty much ignore most of what medical school tries to sell me.

But did you write a reflection essay about it? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
But did you write a reflection essay about it? ;)

No, which sucks because that would've been a really great way to take a break from studying! It will be a big portion of one of our exams though, so there's that.

No, which sucks because that would've been a really great way to take a break from studying! It will be a big portion of one of our exams though, so there's that.

I know how excited you must feel, I get the pleasure of writing three reflection essays by the end of this week! (One of which I was supposed to turn in like a month ago)

"It is required that you temporarily cease running on your test-driven treadmill to hear about what some unlucky others experience due to, of all things, absolute authority controlling their lives. There will be no exceptions and you will need to make up for the lost time later.

You are welcome."