Why did u choose Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nma

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
??

Me: definitely, not the prestige.
I want to be the first doc in my family, i like how challenging and demanding it is. I am mostly doing it to gain exp., go back to Africa and make a huge difference in my community (where its mostly needed).

U?

Members don't see this ad.

oh no, its like interviews all over again... :scared:

Nma said:
??

Me: definitely, not the prestige.
I want to be the first doc in my family, i like how challenging and demanding it is. I am mostly doing it to gain exp., go back to Africa and make a huge difference in my community (where its mostly needed).

U?

My guess is that this person, who joined sometime this month, is an applicant who is trying to get lines for his/her interviews, essay, etc.

To the OP: Figure it out yourself.

Sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should really do a search on this topic, there are like 100 threads about this....

dianamd said:
My guess is that this person, who joined sometime this month, is an applicant who is trying to get lines for his/her interviews, essay, etc.

To the OP: Figure it out yourself.

Sorry.

lollll. that wasn't my intention atall
Its just a general question!

Spell it out.

YOU. YOU. YOU.

It's only two more letters. It won't kill you. Really. And by the way, YOUR is only two more letters than "ur."

This is not an AOL chatroom.

I know that you feel your time is so precious, any fraction of a second you can save by typing "u" instead of "you" is time you can spend toward researching the cure for cancer. But really, it makes you seem like a grade-A ***** who has no business applying for med school.

Hmm... or on second thought, never mind. This helps me recognize which posts to ignore.

ForbiddenComma said:
Spell it out.

YOU. YOU. YOU.

It's only two more letters. It won't kill you. Really. And by the way, YOUR is only two more letters than "ur."

I know that you feel your time is so precious, any fraction of a second you can save by typing "u" instead of "you" is time you can spend toward researching the cure for cancer. But really, it makes you seem like a grade-A ***** who has no business applying for med school.

Hmm... or on second thought, never mind. This helps me recognize which posts to ignore.

U R crazy!!!
:p

Sorry, I could not resist.

Funny how these pop up when it is time to write that personal statement.

I like attending all those Medical Conventions.

ForbiddenComma said:
Spell it out.

YOU. YOU. YOU.

OMG! U are such a glorified asswipe.

Can U pls stop chasing me around the whole damn place?!
For staters, ur hypocritical ass could learn to spell out "medical" school, instead of writing "med" school. Or write out "American OnLine" instead of "AOL," and "it is" instead of "it's" Stupid useless jobless mofo!

OMG LOLz u r so rite! WTF wuz I tihnking! Teh med skool peeps dun care bout propar grammer neway, rite? and 4 god's sake, teh mcat dosn't even test 4 verbal or writing neither ROFL! i r dum! i shoulda titled my essay, "Y I R WANT 2 GO 2 MEDSCHOOL LOL"

Nevermind, I take back what I said. I read the other post and realize this guy must be a troll.

gujuDoc said:
You know what, I'm going to have to agree with the original poster. What is your problem if he asks a general question????

I think the biggest problem is that a simple search would have yielded far more results than the OP would ever care to read through. Search, and ye shall find, no matter how asinine the question is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just tell the truth everyone. I mean, we can't get enough of the hospital turkey, right?

sunny123 said:
Just tell the truth everyone. I mean, we can't get enough of the hospital turkey, right?

Actually, I chose medicine because I hope that this will give me broad exposure to pre-meds through shadowing. I find their mental neuroses to be fascinating, and hope to work with them for many years to come.

Nma said:
go back to Africa and make a huge difference in my community (where its mostly needed).
yeah...im sure

GPACfan said:
Funny how these pop up when it is time to write that personal statement.

Oh so very true.

personally for me it has more to do with putting the hottness back into medicine.
:rolleyes:

DoctorFunk said:
Actually, I chose medicine because I hope that this will give me broad exposure to pre-meds through shadowing. I find their mental neuroses to be fascinating, and hope to work with them for many years to come.

Me too!!!! We should start our own practice. Hell, let's even let those little buggers get hands on in some surgery and births.

wendywellesley said:
personally for me it has more to do with putting the hottness back into medicine.
:rolleyes:

Are you saying you are hot? If so, awesome, more hotties are needed in med schools! If you're saying that you want to be a cosmetic plastic surgeon and work in Hollywood because Dr. 90210 is your idol and he makes tons of money by significantly increasing his mainly female patients' self-esteem and make men look like this :eek: when they see how hot they've become, that's even better!

ForbiddenComma said:
OMG LOLz u r so rite! WTF wuz I tihnking! Teh med skool peeps dun care bout propar grammer neway, rite? and 4 god's sake, teh mcat dosn't even test 4 verbal or writing neither ROFL! i r dum! i shoulda titled my essay, "Y I R WANT 2 GO 2 MEDSCHOOL LOL"

Werd :laugh: :laugh:

Blue Scrub said:
Are you saying you are hot? If so, awesome, more hotties are needed in med schools! If you're saying that you want to be a cosmetic plastic surgeon and work in Hollywood because Dr. 90210 is your idol and he makes tons of money by significantly increasing his mainly female patients' self-esteem and make men look like this :eek: when they see how hot they've become, that's even better!

yes to both but my intention was to the former. the OP was complaining that she might loose her hottness when she gets to med school because you know, EVERYONE in medicine in butt ugly, that's like a given. (please note the extreme sarcasm).

so when I get to med school, my hottness will be so great that it will neutralize the not-so-hottness found in the medical profession as a whole :D

wendywellesley said:
yes to both but my intention was to the former. the OP was complaining that she might loose her hottness when she gets to med school because you know, EVERYONE in medicine in butt ugly, that's like a given. (please note the extreme sarcasm).

so when I get to med school, my hottness will be so great that it will neutralize the not-so-hottness found in the medical profession as a whole :D

Nice, I shall become a champion to your cause as well :D