Why did YOU choose USC in California?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

pharMchiCK

Hey. I was wondering about why those attending USC CHOSE USC instead of any other pharmacy school in california or out of state graduate school?

Members don't see this ad.

well, I was accepted to UCSF but chose USC instead and have not regretted it even for a moment. For me the decision was easy, I knew that I wanted to practice in So Cal after graduation, and most of pharmacists in So Cal are from USC - networking, networking. It;s a trojan family - I went to CPHA meeting today and all the pharmacists were USC graduates, I believe that is very advantageous. I like the schedule at USC, we do externships starting with the first semester .....hospital or community, then you switch the next semester. Basically the hands-on experience starts early on, which is great. The faculty is exceptional. I do have to say that when I got into UCSF, I was thinking...wow, cheaper, number one school (I actually dont believe in the validity of the rankings), but for me it came down to the fact that I wanted to stay in LA.....

I think USC is pretty cool but i do belive the ranking is accurate. I work here at UCSF as a clinical coordinator and UCSF has its reputation for being the best at clinical work and there really is no doubt about that. The government pours hundreds of millions of dollars into UCSF. You should see their facilities. Anyways I think the main reason people go to USC over other schools is because its in LA and they have a big LA network.

I got into UOP so I prefer to stay in northern california if possible, and plus UOP is 3 years rather than 4. And I had friends that went there and they enjoyed it. Either way just go somewhere where you're going to be happy...that's the key!