Why do D.C.s wear lab coats??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Video Poker Pro MD

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have this nagging, burning question that I hope one can enlighten me upon. If a chiro does not believe in prescribing drugs to "cover up the pain", then why do these med-school rejects insist on wearing lab coats? I mean, it is not as if these M.D.-emulating jokers are going to splash a drug on their shirts or will encounter an emergency situation in which there need one for the Vaseline they use when giving a back rub; after all, isn't that what a D.C. is--a glorified masseuse?? All these people are doing is trying to carry out a long lost dream of being an M.D., with their streaming lab coats, pagers, and touting themselves as "Dr. so-and-so". To all you D.C.s out there: Please realize no matter what you believe, the public will recognize you as nothing more than a bogus doctor who is able to do nothing more than "touchy-feely" sessions! D.C.s should be arrested for imatating a bona-fide M.D.! Now run along, D.C.s, and go play doctor!!!

Members don't see this ad.

To all my pre-allo friends: PLEASE DON'T TAKE ANY MORE BAIT FROM THESE TROLLS. Lets just let these posts slide until they realize it's not fun anymore. Sincerely --Trek

Why do MDs wear lab coats? To prevent drugs splashing?..If so why is it white?

I think your assumption that every DC is a med school reject is misguided. Chiropractic medicine is a science that takes a somewhat alternative approach to correct musculo-skeletal type-stuff. Just as osteopathic medicine is also a science that takes a more holistic approach to patient-care.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mr. Original:
Why did you refer to Chiro as Chiropractic MEDICINE?? Is it not the very foundation of Chiropractic NOT to introduce medicine into the equation? Oh, I have nothing against osteopaths; it is only the D.C. who needs to realize the dream was over when they got their first C in O--chem.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Trek_OCLV:
•To all my pre-allo friends: PLEASE DON'T TAKE ANY MORE BAIT FROM THESE TROLLS. Lets just let these posts slide until they realize it's not fun anymore. Sincerely --Trek•••••I'll second that emotion, Trek, 'ol buddy.

I'm moving this topic to the Lounge. It is not related to applying to allopathic medical school, and therefore doesn't belong in the Pre-Allopathic forum.

I also don't understand why people can't see a troll a mile away. :confused: