Why do DO students want to match MD? Seriously?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Right you are, Bowtie! Been doing this crap for 15 years...

My sig line is a tongue in cheek reference to the midlevels who are now doing a self-described "fellowship" in critical care and are calling themselves that ridiculous name.

Members don't see this ad.

according to the signature I am going to go with DNP who is self-identifying as an attending physician.....

Sure wish I had known that RN + about a years worth of team building classes equated to 2 years of borderline murderous basic science education, 2 years of rigorous clinical training, and 3-7 years of doctor+"training wheels".........

(if you actually are an attending I apologize, however if you are actually a DNP as described above you are literally the embodiment of all of the problems that arise in the mid-level threads we have around here) No degree, IMO, is "doctorate level" if you can get it online. Period

Apology accepted. As above, see below.

ok, well your sig confuses the heck out of me then... via the thread I would have expected "trainer of" somewhere around there......
but either way the apology was sincere. Not trying to be in the habit of calling out attendings :oops:

EDIT:
missed the post above which explains this.

all is good :thumbup:

Why take USMLE? You put yourself in the running for a highly selective MD residency. Without those scores you may be automatically excluded from an interview, as some programs don't know how to interpret COMLEX. My program likely wouldn't interview a DO or an FMG unless they had something to show that the could compete with the MD/PhDs that were applying. We had so many excellent candidates that we did not offer interviews to, that you have to have it to be in the running.
probably the most accurate statement on this forum