Why do I always do this?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karina

Surgeon in training...
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hehe...so yeah. I'm done with this semester...but I wish I had more time...I think I got B's in Calc. I, and Bio II (INCLUDING THE LAB!!!) I got an A in Chemistry which is good...but I can't to feel like a failure...I'm kind of depressed actually... :(

Now, I think about all the times I went out...and all the stuff that I could've done, when there was really nothing else for me to do...I did what I had to do.

Ahhh...why do we like to stress out? It's not healthy...I took 18 credits this semester :Calculus I, Inorg. Chemistry II (+lab), Bio II (+ lab) and Intro to Psych. It was a pain...I lost a lot of weight...and was really stressed out...my shoulders were really hard and I will like get sick all the time...man! It was hell...and now that it's over...I still feel like hell cuz I got a bunch of B's knowing I could've done better...man!...

Man...I'm sad..lemme get some dignity and finish this message...
Anyways..
Good luck everyone! :)

Karina

Members don't see this ad.

if you think this is hard you better register for a stress management course next semester and pick up a subscription to yoga journal or something like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try to make all A's next semester :)

Karina, a couple B's are not going to keep you out of med school. Try to find out exactly what you did wrong last semester and avoid making the same mistakes next semester. The more you criticize yourself, the greater are your chances for self-sabotage. Enjoy your summer and good luck next semester! :D

Couple of B's will not keep you out of Med School, B's are not C's anyway...Try to make A's next semester and all will be OK. Everything happens, but it is not going to keep you out of medical school definitly.

Hey Karina, having been where you are (credit overload), I'd say treat yourself better when you schedule your next semester. IMHO, adcoms are impressed with grades, period. Try to find a balance in your course schedule. Taking two science labs in one semester WITH calculus! I did something similar when I was in college and fell flat on my face at the end of the term. Knocking those A's out should be easier to do with a moderate courseload.

aloha

Karina, i see you go to UM. i went there also.

why are you taking those classes during your Junior year? since you'll be applying soon, you gotta really, really learn how to schedule your classes better (the above poster is right..for the most part adcoms just care what grade you got in a class, not how tough you made it for yourself--meaning 15 credits with good grades is better than 18 credits with lesser grades--but that's obvious i guess). i took physics over the summer (10 credits) and got all A's. not only did it get me into that golden key club, but it also really boosted my gpa, and went into my amcas sophomore or junior year average, making it much higher than it would have been otherwise. schools just see the grades (unless you take only 2 or 3 classes--then they see some problems).

so take easier credit loads (although i understand that you have to fit all the premed prereqs in before you graduate, so you might have to keep overstuffing..BUT you should think real hard about how and why you messed up..cuz you don't have time for trial & error right now. these prereqs are important..stop drinking, you boozer.