Why do med schools not all have electronic secondaries!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Clearly, med schools assume that we have access to computers, since the AMCAS is 100% computerized.

Yet med schools persist in sending paper secondary apps!! Why? Even more galling are the med schools that send PDF secondaries that don't have built in text boxes. WHY?! What's the point of a PDF if you have to print and type it?

When are med schools gonna move their application procedures into the 21st century?

Members don't see this ad.

i agree 100%..... just thought i'd say that. oh....and your avatar truly freaks me out. :eek: i'm almost afraid to ask where you found that!

since i'm ranting, i hate that i have to un-select that stupid e-mail notification thing every time i post.

ok, that's all for now!

;) i feel better:cool:

You can insert a box where you can type in PDF that do not have it. (click on Form Tool on the panel) I would make much more sense to have an electronic applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
My smiley rocks :D

Btw, you can permanently unselect email notification by clicking on user CP and altering your user preferences to not subscribe you to every topic you post in.

Originally posted by qweewq11
My smiley rocks :D

Btw, you can permanently unselect email notification by clicking on user CP and altering your user preferences to not subscribe you to every topic you post in.

who knew? thanks :hardy: (i've been dying to put this smiley in somewhere! :laugh: )

What's the point of a PDF if you have to print and type it?

You can obtain the full version of Adobe if you want to type in the PDF files. It's a 95 mb file though, took forever to download.

the reason they don't have electronic applications is because that is part of the weeding process!!

it is essential that future physicians have lots of patience and most important typewriter skills!!!!

:rolleyes: :D :cool:

How can you get the full Adobe acrobat without paying for it?

I tried an internet search but found nothing.

i dont think u can get it free...u can only get the read-only acrobat free, the full version is apparently really expensive

You mean "took forever to install from the original CD"... ;)

Originally posted by Bikini Princess

You can obtain the full version of Adobe if you want to type in the PDF files. It's a 95 mb file though, took forever to download.