Why do med schools not all have electronic secondaries!?

qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2002
Planet of the cows
Status
Clearly, med schools assume that we have access to computers, since the AMCAS is 100% computerized.

Yet med schools persist in sending paper secondary apps!! Why? Even more galling are the med schools that send PDF secondaries that don't have built in text boxes. WHY?! What's the point of a PDF if you have to print and type it?

When are med schools gonna move their application procedures into the 21st century?

chopsuey

miss independent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
good question.... ;)
Visit site
Status
i agree 100%..... just thought i'd say that. oh....and your avatar truly freaks me out. :eek: i'm almost afraid to ask where you found that!

since i'm ranting, i hate that i have to un-select that stupid e-mail notification thing every time i post.

ok, that's all for now!

;) i feel better:cool:

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2002
Visit site
Status
You can insert a box where you can type in PDF that do not have it. (click on Form Tool on the panel) I would make much more sense to have an electronic applications.

About the Ads
OP
Q

qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2002
Planet of the cows
Status
My smiley rocks :D

Btw, you can permanently unselect email notification by clicking on user CP and altering your user preferences to not subscribe you to every topic you post in.

chopsuey

miss independent
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2002
good question.... ;)
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by qweewq11
My smiley rocks :D

Btw, you can permanently unselect email notification by clicking on user CP and altering your user preferences to not subscribe you to every topic you post in.
who knew? thanks :hardy: (i've been dying to put this smiley in somewhere! :laugh: )

Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 26, 2002
Visit site
Status
What's the point of a PDF if you have to print and type it?
You can obtain the full version of Adobe if you want to type in the PDF files. It's a 95 mb file though, took forever to download.

B

BlackPuma

the reason they don't have electronic applications is because that is part of the weeding process!!

it is essential that future physicians have lots of patience and most important typewriter skills!!!!

:rolleyes: :D :cool:

MacGyver

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2001
Visit site
Status
How can you get the full Adobe acrobat without paying for it?

I tried an internet search but found nothing.

hobbes007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
ct
Visit site
Status
i dont think u can get it free...u can only get the read-only acrobat free, the full version is apparently really expensive

geneman

The Transgenic Hobo
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 5, 2002
Caveman
Visit site
Status
You mean "took forever to install from the original CD"... ;)

Originally posted by Bikini Princess

You can obtain the full version of Adobe if you want to type in the PDF files. It's a 95 mb file though, took forever to download.

About the Ads