Why do people go to DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Why do people go to DO school?

• Low MCAT

Votes: 121 48.0%
  • Low GPA

Votes: 72 28.6%
  • Genuine interest in osteopathic medicine

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Location/Cost/Other

Votes: 26 10.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BH 90210

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A quick search led me nowhere. This topic seems to bring out lots of fighting, and I honestly don't know why. In order to keep this civil, I'm just going to go ahead and make a poll. I'm honestly interested in this topic as the new cycle approaches.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm Salidictorian of this post.

IN! :naughty:

Members don't see this ad :)
tumblr_ljdbnvsnXr1qdoy3ao1_500.gif

If i had to rank those options in real life frequencies:

low mcat > low gpa > location > interest

Also, yep, to posters above.

To learn how to crack backs brah!!

I believe they are going to DO schools to be doctors but I'm not sure.

OMM is a good excuse to fondle hot chicks.

Why don't you post this poll in the DO forum if you are genuinely interested in why people go to DO schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
inb4 useless poll considering for many people it is a combination of poll options
inb4 poll to which the answer is painfully obvious and beaten to death on these boards daily

Edit: oh **** I'm too late.

Why is being "inb4" so funny? I don't get it. Because you saw a thread before it gets locked? Congrats?

A quick search led me nowhere. This topic seems to bring out lots of fighting, and I honestly don't know why. In order to keep this civil, I'm just going to go ahead and make a poll. I'm honestly interested in this topic as the new cycle approaches.

I don't know why, but I find this hard to believe for some reason.

Obvious troll is obvious

Well because gay baby eating schools of medicine got shut down in the 18th century leading to A.T Still's passion and subsequent death by leeches and mercury injections by the AMA for our malpractice. He then subsequently became possessed by Belzabub and went on to start an army and then defeated the witch burning society of Iowa in a glorious bloody battle leading to a massive change in our society called stonewall. Oh then the fire nation attacked.
Then basically it went all down hill from there and now we're all gay and on fire, but we still have the weed.

But that wasn't enough the ghost of A.T still, he needed more so he opened the first school of osteopathic medicine in Britian, which was a mistake because he was a ghost and ghosts don't know geography well. So then 50 years ago he teleported the osteopathic medical schools to the US and launched his armies at the AMA winning DO's rights to practice voodoo.
And ever since then we've had gay pride and more and more people wanting to become DO's.
Do you understand? Or would you like me to repeat that all over again? Yes/ No

You accidentally pick yes, so I repeat my entire story again. Hoot hoot.

Last edited:
Well because gay baby eating schools of medicine got shut down in the 18th century leading to A.T Still's possession. by Belzabub and the defeat of the witch burning society of Iowa.
Then basically it went all down hill from there and now we're all gay.

But that wasn't enough the ghost of A.T still, he needed more so he opened the first school of osteopathic medicine in Britian, which was a mistake because he was a ghost and ghosts don't know geography well. So then 50 years ago he teleported the osteopathic medical schools to the US and launched his armies at the AMA winning DO's rights to practice voodoo.
And ever since then we've had gay pride and more and more people wanting to become DO's.

:laugh::thumbup:

Well because gay baby eating schools of medicine got shut down in the 18th century leading to A.T Still's passion and subsequent death by leeches and mercury injections by the AMA for our malpractice. He then subsequently became possessed by Belzabub and went on to start an army and then caused the defeat of the witch burning society of Iowa in a glorious bloody battle leading to a massive change in our society. Oh then the fire nation attacked.
Then basically it went all down hill from there and now we're all gay and on fire.

10/10

quality.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SDN Mobile

It's interesting but for me it was a matter of where I felt the most comfortable and welcome. I was accepted at both MD and DO schools and went to MSU-COM and haven't regretted one minute. I remember how I felt like a number at my allopathic interviews but a human at my osteopathic interviews. Maybe it was a perception, right or wrong, but it led me to the DO world and I love it. Nothing to do with grades or mcats for me just a feeling :)

Well because gay baby eating schools of medicine got shut down in the 18th century leading to A.T Still's passion and subsequent death by leeches and mercury injections by the AMA for our malpractice. He then subsequently became possessed by Belzabub and went on to start an army and then defeated the witch burning society of Iowa in a glorious bloody battle leading to a massive change in our society called stonewall. Oh then the fire nation attacked.
Then basically it went all down hill from there and now we're all gay and on fire, but we still have the weed.

This is at least as plausible as Scientology.

But that wasn't enough the

I didn't know Pat Robertson had an SDN account.

Q: Why do people go to DO schools?

A: Because they want to be doctors. :eek: (shocking isn't it)

I dont think this thread went the direction OP planned. Lol

Q: Why do people go to DO schools?

A: Because they want to be doctors. :eek: (shocking isn't it)

The real question being asked here is why do people attend DO schools versus MD schools. While there are those who buy into the idea of Osteopathic medicine wholeheartedly, the vast majority of people go to DO schools because it is less competitive and you still have the opportunity to get a residency and practice medicine after graduating. Most people I've talked to who are in the process of applying look at their DO choices as "backup" schools. I haven't talked to many people who prefer the DO to MD route.

Just going off my personal observations, nothing against DO pals.

Last edited:
OrigCash.jpg

Hey premeds,
My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, ******ed, no-lifes who spend every second of their day making fun of DOs. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten a 45T? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to your sub 3.0 GPA transcript.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than “jack off to backside attacks in O-chem”? I also get straight A’s, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; **** was SO cash). You are all DO haters who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch

OrigCash.jpg

Hey premeds,
My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, ******ed, no-lifes who spend every second of their day making fun of DOs. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten a 45T? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to your sub 3.0 GPA transcript.
Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than "jack off to backside attacks in O-chem"? I also get straight A's, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; **** was SO cash). You are all DO haters who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It's me and my bitch

were u hacked?

OrigCash.jpg

Hey premeds,
My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, ******ed, no-lifes who spend every second of their day making fun of DOs. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten a 45T? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to your sub 3.0 GPA transcript.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than “jack off to backside attacks in O-chem”? I also get straight A’s, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; **** was SO cash). You are all DO haters who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch

:welcome:

I always make it in just in time.

6dd4bcd2add71.gif

:laugh:

Oh how I always wanted to shoot down that owl with my slingshot...

Why is being "inb4" so funny? I don't get it. Because you saw a thread before it gets locked? Congrats?

Groupthink humor is possibly the most insufferable thing about the internet. People do it "satirically," but it doesn't make it any less sheepish.

OP is the worst poster on the SDN srs

brb bookmarking thread so I can show to great grandchildren by the fireplace one night

OrigCash.jpg

Hey premeds,
My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, ******ed, no-lifes who spend every second of their day making fun of DOs. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten a 45T? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to your sub 3.0 GPA transcript.
Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than "jack off to backside attacks in O-chem"? I also get straight A's, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; **** was SO cash). You are all DO haters who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It's me and my bitch

Inb4ban.

But really, strong post. Mirin brah skills.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.