Why do Radonc need to have oral exams anymore?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Partial breast over 1 week has inferior cosmetic outcomes to 2 weeks IMO especially for EB. It seems like a bizarre time constraint.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Partial breast over 1 week has inferior cosmetic outcomes to 2 weeks IMO especially for EB. It seems like a bizarre time constraint.

agreed. I never offer BID 1 week APBI

If they want 1 week Qday then do whole breast UK style

If they want PBI 5 fxn then Italian style

What a strange Q by examiner

Reactions: 1 user
agreed. I never offer BID 1 week APBI

If they want 1 week Qday then do whole breast UK style

If they want PBI 5 fxn then Italian style

What a strange Q by examiner
I don’t think anybody is doing ebrt bid APBI anymore. Not sure about other locales, but I haven’t heard of anyone using a balloon applicator for year within like a 150 mile radius.

You’re correct, Italian PBI or Fast Forward for 5 fraction techniques.

terrible question.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think anybody is doing ebrt bid APBI anymore. Not sure about other locales, but I haven’t heard of anyone using a balloon applicator for year within like a 150 mile radius.

You’re correct, Italian PBI or Fast Forward for 5 fraction techniques.

terrible question.
Some still are.. surgeons get paid well for placing those, don't forget

Some still are.. surgeons get paid well for placing those, don't forget
We're still offering SAVI. Great cosmetic outcomes in the long-term, great dose distribution. I have no problem continuing to offer it.

We're still offering SAVI. Great cosmetic outcomes in the long-term, great dose distribution. I have no problem continuing to offer it.
I think it's more hassle than it is worth compared to 5 or 16 fx ebrt, one of my partners has a good relationship with the surgeons that place it so the referrals continue.

We offer it but fortunately the surgeons let us give the patients their options... and I do my best to talk them out of it. Such a hassle compared to EBRT....

Reactions: 1 users