Quantcast

why do some schools wait until after May 15 to give you a financial aid packet???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldman

Senior Citizen
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I just went to the U of MN med campus and found out I would not get my financial aid packet until end of june. Am I supposed to decide by May 15 which med school I should go to without knowing my loan/grant situation?? I think that is quite unfair.

eagle26

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
•••quote:•••Originally posted by oldman:
•I just went to the U of MN med campus and found out I would not get my financial aid packet until end of june. Am I supposed to decide by May 15 which med school I should go to without knowing my loan/grant situation?? I think that is quite unfair.•••••At least we know we're going to med school. What is unfair is all those people on waitlists hoping for a spot that is being held up by someone with multiple acceptances. :wink:

oldman

Senior Citizen
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
true enough.

the problem is i'm deciding between iowa and minnesota

the base tuition i have to pay is 35K for iowa nad 25K for MN...but if IA can give me a ton of grants...i'll consider them

btw, i've already released Wake Forest and MCW

eagle26

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd go whichever route is cheapest...for what you know by may 15th anyway.

none

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why are you expecting Iowa to give you any grants at all?

oldman

Senior Citizen
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm not expecting anything. their out of state tuition is very high, and i will only be able to go if they give some sort of a grant.