farqueue

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2005
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Simple question... just wondering what are your aspirations, motivations etc that drive you to become a doctor.

Cheers

UCLAMAN

Air Jordan Collector
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
Corona, CA
Visit site
Status
farqueue said:
Simple question... just wondering what are your aspirations, motivations etc that drive you to become a doctor.

Cheers
read my signature. i think you should do it for the same reasons.

if you really want answers do a search...this question gets asked 5 times a month at least.

but seriously...do it for what my sig says.

geno2568

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Status
Pre-Medical
i love biology, and i work best when i'm interacting with people
its as simple as that

Pose

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
Status
Medical Student
I hate hearing why people become doctors.

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
SOCMOB
Status
Attending Physician
UCLAMAN said:

if you really want answers do a search...this question gets asked 5 times a month at least.

Read his signature.

mac_kin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2006
Status
Post Doc
farqueue said:

Cheers
now changing thread title to:

"Write my PS for me because I waited this long and I'm now screwed."

R.P. McMurphy

10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
for the free meds

Erina

MS-IV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Status
Medical Student
i've never really liked sleeping or having a social life so becoming a doctor is my way of postponing these two things for another few years.

and i'm in it for the scrubs, too.

hermit

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Erina said:
and i'm in it for the scrubs, too.
Scrubs are the socially acceptable moomoo. I think I will go have some chicken wings.

etf

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Status
well, because the only website i check more frequently than yahoo finance is sdn...

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
Status
Medical Student
I just want a secure job to bide time and fall back on before I hit it big in business. Interest plays a moderate role, but I have many interests. I don't personally see medicine as a lifelong vocation though.

kevster2001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
Status
Medical Student
"I like to help people and I like science"

Dr. Pepper

Duffman in Disguise
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
Behind the orange juice....
Status
Medical Student
UCLAMAN said:

:laugh: That scene was priceless, especially after he gave that bs heartfelt story.

Gotta love Dr. Cox.
-Dr. P.

P.S.: The surge of "why do you want to be a doctor" threads probably means that some people need to get started on their PS. ;)

Haemulon

Slippery When Wet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
On SDN
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The best part of being a Doctor is going to be standing around in groups and greeting eachother: "Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. (nods) Doctor. ......... Doctor, Doctor, (nods), Doctor, Doctor, Doctor ....."

:thumbup:

mychelle774

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2006
Houston, TX
Status
Pre-Medical
Haemulon said:
The best part of being a Doctor is going to be standing around in groups and greeting eachother: "Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. (nods) Doctor. ......... Doctor, Doctor, (nods), Doctor, Doctor, Doctor ....."

:thumbup:
:laugh: HAHAHAHA! Man I hadn't thought about that. That definitely confirms my resolve for going into medicine.

But honestly, it's just a way to keep my parents off my back before I break into the acting business.

15+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2001
Status
Non-Student
hermit said:
Scrubs are the socially acceptable moomoo. I think I will go have some chicken wings.
You may not realize it, but that was the one of the funniest replies to any post in my six year history on SDN. The mental picture I get is fantastic.

15+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2001
Status
Non-Student
Pose said:
I hate hearing why people become doctors.
A-friggin'-men. Who the hell cares? Five years from now you'll look back at what you claimed were your reasons and cringe in shame that you were ever such a tool.

Jeez. I'm glad I 'm done for good with the medical school/residency application process.

baylormed

On the Search
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2005
Right behind you
Status
Post Doc
Because I love to be woken up at 3am by the nurse who wants to change the dose from 79mg to 80mg.
I also love the idea of spending about ~11 years in training until I can be called a "real doctor."
I also like the idea of working for 3-7 years for 100 hours a week for slave wages.

Seriously. You need to find your own reasons if you're gonna finish that PS sometime soon. :love:

dr_90210

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status
farqueue said:

Cheers
i want to be a doctor so that u can steal my reasons and use them in ur PS

M

Mr. McDuck

Panda Bear said:
You may not realize it, but that was the one of the funniest replies to any post in my six year history on SDN. The mental picture I get is fantastic.
I was cracking up at that reply. :laugh: :laugh: