Why do you want to be a doctor? [not to help people or make a lot of money]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

capfroggy2k

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to be a doctor because House inspires me to be one... your turn.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you serious? There's been like 3 of these threads in the past 2 days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its a dream of me & my parents.

I like to hurt people and make very little to no money. :cool:

I want to be like JD from Scrubs.

Bah da da da da da, dah dah.

Badadada da da, da..dah.

jd1ip.png

(I'm going to go ahead and assume that this thread is a joke, and if not, try to salvage it as Responses you should never give to the interview question "why medicine?")

1. I'm building a Frankenstein-type monster and fresh body parts are hard to get in other careers.

2. I have a medical fetish.

3. I like to read medical books and figure I might as well get some money out of that.

4. My parents forced me.

5. My parents didn't want me to go to medical school, and I'm rebelling against them.

6. It will put me in a position to abuse the naive trust of society. Muahaha. (N.B. evil laughs are never appropriate during interviews.)

7. I wish to unite man and squirrel through experimental surgery.

8. I need a job that will allow me to support my nine thousand cats.

9. I'm sure it will make it easier to get dates.

10. The drugs, mainly.

(I'm going to go ahead and assume that this thread is a joke, and if not, try to salvage it as Responses you should never give to the interview question "why medicine?")

1. I'm building a Frankenstein-type monster and fresh body parts are hard to get in other careers.

2. I have a medical fetish.

3. I like to read medical books and figure I might as well get some money out of that.

4. My parents forced me.

5. My parents didn't want me to go to medical school, and I'm rebelling against them.

6. It will put me in a position to abuse the naive trust of society. Muahaha. (N.B. evil laughs are never appropriate during interviews.)

7. I wish to unite man and squirrel through experimental surgery.

8. I need a job that will allow me to support my nine thousand cats.

9. I'm sure it will make it easier to get dates.

10. The drugs, mainly.

Number 1 is about 30% of my reason.

Also, this wins the thread.