Why do you want to go into Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Protagonistic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to hear why you guys want to become doctors and go into the medical field.

Members don't see this ad.

lol what, getting an early start on next year's application essays?

Love science
Hate research

That is why.

Members don't see this ad :)
Final-Advice-Dog-oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg

well heck, I am in fact new here, whoops!

To become a pediatrician, buy a home in the Hollywood Hills, and to buy a Lamborghini, in that order.

Members don't see this ad :)
Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
Would you capture it?

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment

That is definitely achievable.

if those are the gallards then they are about 200k a pop.

i still rather have a m3 due to 1/4 its price and actually just a little less performance on a race track with alot of turns.

i still rather have a m3 due to 1/4 its price and actually just a little less performance on a race track with alot of turns.

I'd prefer this:

attachment.php

This thread is now about sweet cars.

You gonna be racing a lot brah? Or you gonna be going maybe a buck 10 on the freeway and feeling kinda naughty, like you done something realll bad?

You gonna be racing a lot brah? Or you gonna be going maybe a buck 10 on the freeway and feeling kinda naughty, like you done something realll bad?

I got a speeding ticket for Christmas this year =(

feelsbadman

To become a pediatrician, buy a home in the Hollywood Hills, and to buy a Lamborghini, in that order.

you know the average pediatrician makes just little more than 100k/year right?

cars5_362.jpg

It is all about the nice and classy cars...who cares about those fast peace of junks.

I have a really strong interest in Trauma surgery. The reason why I want to persue this specialty and become a surgeon is because I want to be able to help people when they are at their absolute worst. I don't like to give up, even if the prognosis of survival is less than 1% I would do whatever I can to take up every chance possible. I would volunteer to do this. money, fame etc was never a contribute to my decision.

The roads ahead will be tough, rigorous, and unpredictable but life is like a movie, you can't have a happy ending without some evil, pain etc. or els the movie would be boring :p
but I will do whatever it takes to get there :)

Those things drive like a boat.

I'd get a spec miata OMGLOWONHORSEPOWERFAIL.

cars5_362.jpg

It is all about the nice and classy cars...who cares about those fast peace of junks.

y herro dere

I have a really strong interest in Trauma surgery. The reason why I want to persue this specialty and become a surgeon is because I want to be able to help people when they are at their absolute worst. I don't like to give up, even if the prognosis of survival is less than 1% I would do whatever I can to take up every chance possible. I would volunteer to do this. money, fame etc was never a contribute to my decision.

The roads ahead will be tough, rigorous, and unpredictable but life is like a movie, you can't have a happy ending without some evil, pain etc. or els the movie would be boring :p
but I will do whatever it takes to get there :)

We will have none of that going on in here! :caution:

u buzz kill

0-100 in 3.5

koenigsegg-agera-xl-1.jpg

that aint jack, the Koenigsegg latest model was tested by top gear host, its 0 - 60 is a 3 sec flat, top speed of 245 miles per hour, thats how fast their tracked allowed it to be before slowing down.

I just want to hear why you guys want to become doctors and go into the medical field.

Judging from your ridiculously insensitive past posts, you probably don't really care. Write your own essays.

Judging from your ridiculously insensitive past posts, you probably don't really care. Write your own essays.

Judging from your statement you have troubles reading, I did say I was in my first semester of college when I posted here a few weeks ago.

Go back to elementary school or middle school and then you may have a chance to even think about debating with people like me, those who are much more advanced than you.

1191862800-1189254064763.b.jpg

Personally I was slightly sympathetic to your situation, but after that move I must say. You are a massive fail.

the guy was taking a shot at me, I fired back

Because I have a friend in Pharmacy School and we need to start our own drug ring...

Judging from your statement you have troubles reading, I did say I was in my first semester of college when I posted here a few weeks ago.

Go back to elementary school or middle school and then you may have a chance to even think about debating with people like me, those who are much more advanced than you.

wut...

i have a fetish for performing surgery on my SO,

jk jk

What can i say, parents got the hangar and beat culinary school out of me and apparently got a void in my heart that only medical school can fill (partly b/c my parents made a hole for it -_-)

So basically what you're saying is that if he goes back to elementary school or middle school he may have a chance to debate with you because he would acquire the skills in elementary or middle school in order to debate you. Hence, you have elementary or middle school debating skills.

Hardcore self-ownage. I love it. You failed pretty hard there, bro. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

So basically what you're saying is that if he goes back to elementary school or middle school he may have a chance to debate with you because he would acquire the skills in elementary or middle school in order to debate you. Hence, you have elementary or middle school debating skills.

Hardcore self-ownage. I love it. You failed pretty hard there, bro. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Or he can go back there to even have a chance to debate with me successfully because he does not possess the proper skills to read any of my statements. He claims to have read my history and know me well, yet he doesn't know I am a first year college student.

Depends on how someone interprets it, of course someone with biases against me like you would skew every statement.

InB4GeekChick and others with a grudge against me try to skew my words.

Or he can go back there to even have a chance to debate with me successfully because he does not possess the proper skills to read any of my statements. He claims to have read my history and know me well, yet he doesn't know I am a first year college student.

Depends on how someone interprets it, of course someone with biases against me like you would skew every statement.

InB4GeekChick and others with a grudge against me try to skew my words.
Yeah, you saved face with that.

For all non-biased posters who have no past animosity against me.

The guy said:

"Judging from your ridiculously insensitive past posts, you probably don't really care. Write your own essays."

Great, he has knowledge of my past posts.

As for the part in red, well obviously the kid said he read my past posts, I stated I was a first year college student. What would a first year college student be doing writing essays for med school?

Either

A. The guy isn't that aware of the whole med school admissions process (I am not an expert at it either so I can excuse that, though I think it is unlikely). Maybe he hasn't read my past post history and is just judging based on a small number of posts.

or

B. The guy can't read worth a flip, reading skills are important and maybe Riley Freeman can learn those in middle school or high school.