Why do YOU want to go to Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pewl

The Dude Abides
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who here interviewed or is currently attending Wayne State? How do you like it? How is the match list? I'm quite interested in that Karmanos Cancer Institute, since my area of interest is rad onc. I was actually born down the street from Wayne State down at Henry Ford hospital, too.

What do you guys think of the place?

Members don't see this ad.

So I can live in Detroit. Duhhhhh.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a MI native, and have been taking post-bacc courses at Wayne. I was very suprised how nice the campus actually is. I really like it there.

As for the medical school, you should be able to get some great clinical experiences with all of the proximate hospitals nearby. I like the fact that you won't have to move to do clinicals. As for the match issue, I think that people tend to match quite broadly, and although there seems to have been a trend toward primary care in recent years (from what I know), it's not generally "known" as a primary care school.

Plus, the in-state tuition is a big plus.

cfdavid said:
I'm a MI native, and have been taking post-bacc courses at Wayne. I was very suprised how nice the campus actually is. I really like it there.

As for the medical school, you should be able to get some great clinical experiences with all of the proximate hospitals nearby. I like the fact that you won't have to move to do clinicals. As for the match issue, I think that people tend to match quite broadly, and although there seems to have been a trend toward primary care in recent years (from what I know), it's not generally "known" as a primary care school.

Unfortunately I am not instate, but I am quite interested in cancer so the Karmanos institute is cool. Also, I'm in medical physics grad school and I know they have a medical physics department there as well.

Is there any place I can get my hands on a match list?

cfdavid said:
...you should be able to get some great clinical experiences with all of the proximate hospitals nearby. ...Plus, the in-state tuition is a big plus.
You said what I was thinking! :D

SailCrazy said:
You said what I was thinking! :D

grr, i'm not in-state. Though i was born down the street at Henry Ford hospital, BAHA

Pewl said:
grr, i'm not in-state. Though i was born down the street at Henry Ford hospital, BAHA
That wasn't the only thing I mentioned! :D

cfdavid said:

whay year were you in post-bacc? :)