Policy Why Does the US Spend So Much on Healthcare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lawpy

42% Full Member
7+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Truth is always bitter. If we cut to the chase, the following are the reasons IMO.

1. Republican and Democratic politicians lining up their pockets from healthcare companies.

2. Corporate owned media like Fox News, CNN, MSNBC etc, who line up their pockets and brainwash their audience and keep them under dark.

3. People divided over social issues, prefer to fight each other instead of their true enemy I.e rich and powerful individuals who buy over the politicians.

4. Majority of the US population has been brainwashed into believing that free market is the solution for everything. Basic economic principle dictates that free market will never work for essential goods and services.

I missed the most important one.

5. More than 60% of the population has been brainwashed to hate the government. The purpose of having a government is to protect the vulnerable from being exploited by the powerful few. But the 60% of population is against that idea , they are made to believe that it is like controlling their lives . For example, if a goodd hearted politician comes along and attempts to control the prices, the fiercest opposition will not come from the healthcare entities but the 60% of the suffering population. That’s the irony . I do not see any solution in the foreseeable future.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Lawper , to answer your question in one sentence, USA is the only country in the world where profit hungry private entities has 100% tight control over healthcare. They can do whatever they want, no one will dare to ask them anything including the suffering public.

Truth is always bitter. If we cut to the chase, the following are the reasons IMO.

1. Republican and Democratic politicians lining up their pockets from healthcare companies.

2. Corporate owned media like Fox News, CNN, MSNBC etc, who line up their pockets and brainwash their audience and keep them under dark.

3. People divided over social issues, prefer to fight each other instead of their true enemy I.e rich and powerful individuals who buy over the politicians.

4. Majority of the US population has been brainwashed into believing that free market is the solution for everything. Basic economic principle dictates that free market will never work for essential goods and services.
Free market would work fine for essential services and health care