Why does this keep happening to me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gogeter82

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
im a non traditional applicant.

I’m studying for the MCAT. I saw an advertisement o Instagram for study buddy. This doctor pairs you up with an MCAT study buddy. You guys agree to schedule times to study. I was charged 20 bucks. I paid. The first study buddy was a disappointment. When she FaceTimed me I answered an she laughed in my face. I guess she didn’t think I was attractive. Anyways we would schedule FaceTime meetings an go over cars MCAT passages. She showed up for about 3 sessions. The other 5 sessions she canceled. I requested an new study buddy. The doctor matched with with another girl. This girl emailed me and said she looked forward to studying an gave me her phone number, instagrammed me. I accepted her instagram request and I called her. She never answered her phone. Why do I keep running into these people? Should I just forget studying with others and just prepare alone?

Members don't see this ad.

Please tell me you are joking... If not, Paypal me $40 and I'll set you up with a great study buddy.

Reactions: 3 users
im a non traditional applicant.

I’m studying for the MCAT. I saw an advertisement o Instagram for study buddy. This doctor pairs you up with an MCAT study buddy. You guys agree to schedule times to study. I was charged 20 bucks. I paid. The first study buddy was a disappointment. When she FaceTimed me I answered an she laughed in my face. I guess she didn’t think I was attractive. Anyways we would schedule FaceTime meetings an go over cars MCAT passages. She showed up for about 3 sessions. The other 5 sessions she canceled. I requested an new study buddy. The doctor matched with with another girl. This girl emailed me and said she looked forward to studying an gave me her phone number, instagrammed me. I accepted her instagram request and I called her. She never answered her phone. Why do I keep running into these people? Should I just forget studying with others and just prepare alone?

If you want a study buddy, advertise for one yourself. Cut out the middle man.

You can probably even post an ad on SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
Preparation strategies are - obviously - dependent on individual preferences, study pace, etc. But in general, if you study by yourself, you could be much more productive than if you use all you preparation time in FaceTime study sessions with strangers arranged by a third-party. These study sessions with other people could perhaps supplement your self-preparation, but it's probably best if you don't invest all your prep time in them.

Post on Sdn, there are many threads for study buddies here, some will even do in person study sessions.

Reactions: 1 user