Why does this keep happening??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KevinGnapoor

Bad-Ass M.C.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Something that I've been noticing on every single full length I've taken so far is that when I re-do the questions I got incorrect (without checking explanations), I can do almost all of them. Today I took an AAMC test and I got 26 (9,8,9), but when I re-did the incorrect questions, I got 39 (13,14,12). When I review and look at my thought process, it seems like I'm not incorporating passage info, doubting my content knowledge, being careless with math, and sometimes overthinking simple math. I just can't figure out how to stop making these kinds of mistakes.

Members don't see this ad.

Highlights a potential consistency issue in your strategy. Try to simplify your thought process as much as you can and execute that mentality every time you do FL. Much easier said than done I understand :(

Something that I've been noticing on every single full length I've taken so far is that when I re-do the questions I got incorrect (without checking explanations), I can do almost all of them. Today I took an AAMC test and I got 26 (9,8,9), but when I re-did the incorrect questions, I got 39 (13,14,12). When I review and look at my thought process, it seems like I'm not incorporating passage info, doubting my content knowledge, being careless with math, and sometimes overthinking simple math. I just can't figure out how to stop making these kinds of mistakes.

Likely b/c prior to redoing the question, you know you got it wrong on your first attempt

Be confident in your ability to take a test and stop putting so much weight on your AAMC scores. Your second score is not accurate because you're seeing the material a second time around, and the whole point of the MCAT is that you have very little time to incorporate a ton of info spanning a ton of subjects. Having seen the passage and questions before gives you the leg up.

That being said, take the time the first time to rationally ask yourself what the question is asking.